Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anybody have experience with Innovative Motor mounts?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Question Anybody have experience with Innovative Motor mounts?

Came across these motor mounts. I've been looking for a set of mounts to replace my hard-as-hell 90A ones. Anybody know of these or have used these before? I like how theres a lot of choice in the durometer. And the price is great. Plus you don't need that extra spacer like the avid mounts it seems.
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...NOVATIVE_STEEL

Please let me know!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ran innovative mounts in my drag honda and loved them they make a great product!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by sinople1
I ran innovative mounts in my drag honda and loved them they make a great product!
yup same here. i ran a set of limited edition bronze billet mounts in one of my old hondas. they took one hell of a beating and the urethane held up. they make a very good product in my opinion.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have some 95a on my s2000 but quality is amazing if u get 75a id go with em
Old Feb 13, 2012, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I think I'm going to give them a try.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
had a set of 60a in my rsx. they were good, but dammit the vibrations and drone they caused was too much
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rick1024
had a set of 60a in my rsx. they were good, but dammit the vibrations and drone they caused was too much
At 60A? I'm running 90A and while the drone and vibrations is at an acceptable level I'd rather soften things up. I found the major source of of drivetrain movement and shock on my car was the rear diff mounts, not the engine like I thought. So I really don't need the 90As.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

yeah with 60a's i had drone and when i would let out the clutch during normal driving the whole front end would shake. had some badass wheelhop control and traction control though, car was definitely faster with the 60a's in
Old May 12, 2012, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Army

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm bringing this up, today I installed Innovative side mounts and I've noticed that there is no hope for the Torque Solution Front Mount connecting to the bracket. Has anyone run into this problem before or is it that the Innovative mounts move the engine forward in the bay forcing you to utilize their front mount?

EDIT - So after two more beers, I realized I have to loosen the rear two nuts on the transmission mount and I could fidangle the whole engine the way I wanted it to. FML.

Last edited by dr_latino999; May 12, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old May 12, 2012, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dr_latino999
I'm bringing this up, today I installed Innovative side mounts and I've noticed that there is no hope for the Torque Solution Front Mount connecting to the bracket. Has anyone run into this problem before or is it that the Innovative mounts move the engine forward in the bay forcing you to utilize their front mount?

EDIT - So after two more beers, I realized I have to loosen the rear two nuts on the transmission mount and I could fidangle the whole engine the way I wanted it to. FML.

LOL! Funny you bump this thread THE DAY I finally get my innovative mounts. I'll be reviewing the set shortly.

Did your torque solutions mount ever give you a problem before? The more solid mounts probably aren't letting the engine sag as much as the stockies. The torque solution is probably designed to accomodate the sag. Other mounts like the blox don't account for the sag and look like this:

This is all just IMO though.
Old May 12, 2012, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

The difference was a more extreme in my case, but you have the idea. I'm using the 75A mounts and it was far off enough that I debated drilling another hole through the bracket prior to the beer think tank session.
Old May 13, 2012, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

The difference was a more extreme in my case, but you have the idea. I'm using the 75A mounts and it was far off enough that I debated drilling another hole through the bracket prior to the beer think tank session.
Wow that bad eh? Hopefully things line up better by using all 3 innovative mounts. I have the 75A one as well. Whats your impressions so far?
Old May 13, 2012, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by deeman101
Wow that bad eh? Hopefully things line up better by using all 3 innovative mounts. I have the 75A one as well. Whats your impressions so far?
It was only due to having the other three mounts torqued prior to reattaching the lower - classic motor mount mistake.

The 75A mounts are all in all really sedate. People complaining about vibrations with mounts < 85A, I have no idea what they are talking about. I can barely tell the difference right now, but the engine moves less so I can't complain. The world is a happier safer place.
Old May 20, 2012, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

I installed these today. Fitment is OK for the side mounts but terrible for the front mount. So far off. I used like 6 or 7 washers between the mount and crossmember. Even still there was a 1/4inch gap between the rear mount and washers. This thing makes my blox mount look like good fitment. I have to redo this and follow these instructions.

But otherwise theres definitely more vibration than with just my blox mounts and stock mounts. But the mounts are still breaking in. Shifting is now finally what I want it to be! Consistent from gear to gear, doesn't feel like I'm fighting the shifter, pulls of quick shifts without balking.

I noticed that without my rubber mallet this install would've sucked hardcore. The polyurethane is wider than the mounting point. I'm sure this is adding to the extra vibes and probably hold the engine in place better. But it makes it such a pita to push the mount in place. I filed down the excess width for the front mount just because I was putting it on and off so many times trying to figure the best solution to make it fit. I might do it for the other mounts too.
Old May 21, 2012, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

for some reason innovative has a lot of issues getting the front damn mounts right on any car. its also a problem on the dc5

Quick Reply: Anybody have experience with Innovative Motor mounts?