Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fuel Injectors for E85 and 92 octane.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Injectors for E85 and 92 octane.

My plan is to run 92 octane and E85. I don't want to ever go past 650awhp. I will probably stop at 600awhp on E85 and whatever I can get on 92 straight pump. Aaron at English racing told me at that power level all I would need are 1050's but I've had a good amount of people tell me other wise. I've also read from other tuners posts and website about injector sizes that suggest 1050's are way to small. Maybe he miss read what I wrote I dunno... I'm only asking because I don't want to buy injectors twice.

What "plug & play" injectors do you guys recommend (Brands/Sizes)? I'm on a stock 9 Ecu.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

I have a set of ID2000's for sale. You'll never have to replace them, ever.

As for what Aaron says...he knows his ****. If he is tuning the car and tells you that you can get away with 1050cc injectors, I'd take his word for it. The fact that you are looking to the forum for someone to contradict someone who builds and tunes these cars for a living...is kinda um...yea
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Well 1050s will run out to 590whp on kill at a 12.8 AFR and 2 pumps.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SDevo13
I have a set of ID2000's for sale. You'll never have to replace them, ever.

As for what Aaron says...he knows his ****. If he is tuning the car and tells you that you can get away with 1050cc injectors, I'd take his word for it. The fact that you are looking to the forum for someone to contradict someone who builds and tunes these cars for a living...is kinda um...yea
I don't feel that doing research and asking questions is any sort of contradiction towards him, his words, or disrespect. I am not a person that likes to buy stuff without doing research on my own first and then asking questions. For all I know, maybe he miss read what I wrote and thought I meant 92 and not E85. I know Aaron knows what he is talking about. I do know he is very busy and I didn't want to bother him with a bunch of random questions, as I already have. My car isn't at English racing yet and probably wont be until april/may. It's no disrespect towards Aaron by any means. I searched up a lot of Aaron's posts about cars he's tuned and have seen him go to bigger injectors in the past for certain builds similar to mine, which made me curious. I tend to ask an over kill amount of questions sometimes about things like this, which prevents me from getting all my questions answered, because there are so many. This was the case when I talked with him last; since he was very busy at the time and I asked him an onslaught of questions at once (which I'm sure can be annoying). As well there are so many other tuners/shops that use much bigger injectors for their customers builds around my power range so I thought I would ask around before contacting Aaron again. I have no intention of disrespectiong Aaron or second guessing him.

My main purpose was to find out what people suggest, research their suggestions, and have as much education as I could possibly have before I apporached Aaron again. This way I can have an educated conversation with him rather than wasting his time with a bunch of random questions due to my ignorance.

Last edited by Graphic; Feb 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Well 1050s will run out to 590whp on kill at a 12.8 AFR and 2 pumps.

I hope you don't think I was being disrespectful by my previous post, as that was not my intention. After reading my previous post I feel I may have come across that way. I should have been more articulate in my question. For that, I do appologize.

If I wanted to run E85 650awhp w/ 2 pumps, what would be your injector of choice be? Why do people go with such huge injectors sometimes?

Last edited by Graphic; Feb 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

I doubt Aaron took it as disrespect, just pointing it out .

If you are going 650 whp+ I would go with ID2000's. They are hi Z injectors and will idle like stock and have the ability to push as much fuel as you can throw at them. You can obviously go with a low Z 1450-1650 but the idle control won't be as good ~from my experience. Maybe Aaron can chime in on this.