Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Want to reach 500whp(suggestions)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Supergoslow
+1 for s2's
Yes. I like the S2s as well.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome, but who makes the ef4? I haven't heard of that turbo yet!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whitesnake
Awesome, but who makes the ef4? I haven't heard of that turbo yet!
MAPerformance.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.maperformance.com/map-ef4...p-evo-ef4.html

There you go
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
whats your budget tho?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
500 on that turbo stock block no problems with proper mods.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the link! And for budget idk lol long story short 29 yo, Iraq vet and just found out I have cancer in dec... So a lot of down time but I don't want to just go buy the most expensive parts out there so asking for advice/ suggestions
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:54 PM
EvoM Guru

I am sorry to hear about the cancer. My best advice is forget the car for now and get yourself healthy. My mom had cancer for a while and I just found out I lost a good friend today from it. Do yourself a favor and just put that money away.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

As much of a gearhead as I am I have to agree with him. Put that money away and save it for the future.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:25 PM
EvoM Guru

You will be supprised how much meds after chemo will cost you. Save every last dollar you have and put it twards what you need for you and your family. Trust me when I say some of my moms meds were upwards of 5500 dollars a month for pills, and that was just one. They went through 7 million of insurance money in a little over 2 years. Please do the right thing not to discourage you or nothing. Get healthy again and then worry about 500 hp
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:48 PM

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your friend and your mom it's a sh*tty disease! It def sucks, the chemo bs kicks my *** but I'm trying to do things to keep me going... Like now rolling fenders for work wheels I got in winter.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
I am sorry to hear about the cancer. My best advice is forget the car for now and get yourself healthy. My mom had cancer for a while and I just found out I lost a good friend today from it. Do yourself a favor and just put that money away.
Originally Posted by Macaroni
As much of a gearhead as I am I have to agree with him. Put that money away and save it for the future.
You will be supprised how much meds after chemo will cost you. Save every last dollar you have and put it twards what you need for you and your family. Trust me when I say some of my moms meds were upwards of 5500 dollars a month for pills, and that was just one. They went through 7 million of insurance money in a little over 2 years. Please do the right thing not to discourage you or nothing. Get healthy again and then worry about 500 hp

I can see what you fellas are saying and a part of me tends to side with you. The other side of me, the five time deployed Soldier to Iraq and Afghanistan, understands what this Warrior is saying. When life deals us a bad hand, the Warrior fights and welcomes the challenge. We look for sanity in an insane world. When my mother died at the age of 46, I greatly struggled and I had to find a place for my attention. I found that in my first EVO which I turned into a memorial for her in her two favorite colors. To my fellow Warrior, I would ask that you do some research as to what the role of the Veteran Affairs is going to be for the way ahead.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:09 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by pure_evo
I can see what you fellas are saying and a part of me tends to side with you. The other side of me, the five time deployed Soldier to Iraq and Afghanistan, understands what this Warrior is saying. When life deals us a bad hand, the Warrior fights and welcomes the challenge. We look for sanity in an insane world. When my mother died at the age of 46, I greatly struggled and I had to find a place for my attention. I found that in my first EVO which I turned into a memorial for her in her two favorite colors. To my fellow Warrior, I would ask that you do some research as to what the role of the Veteran Affairs is going to be for the way ahead.
I will say it again like I have already told you a few times already. Thank you for your time and services. Now shut up and get me some #s on that bad *** car of yours . Just kindding buddy but thanks for looking out for your brother in arms.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your friend and your mom it's a sh*tty disease! It def sucks, the chemo bs kicks my *** but I'm trying to do things to keep me going... Like now rolling fenders for work wheels I got in winter.
Yeah it sucks. I am normally not a very emotional kinda guy but it really hits hard when its someone close. Just do us a favor and your family a favor and remember that chemo wipes out ur imune system. You will get sick alot and it can be very dangerious to you. It sucks when you have to wash your hands every time you do something. But like is said keep in mind health is always more important then things like cars.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

I will say it again like I have already told you a few times already. Thank you for your time and services. Now shut up and get me some #s on that bad *** car of yours . Just kindding buddy but thanks for looking out for your brother in arms.
Those numbers are quickly approaching, my friend. I know that my EF4 will arrive to MAP today as I am getting that "new look" added to the mix. Today, I have to order an oil filter from FP which should be here by Thursday at the latest. These are the last two bits so that I can at least get a base line street tune on 91-octane as that is what I have in the tank at the moment. When that is gone, and I buy a Tactrix cable, I will start the 100-octane tune which is what I will be running daily instead of E85.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the link! And for budget idk lol long story short 29 yo, Iraq vet and just found out I have cancer in dec... So a lot of down time but I don't want to just go buy the most expensive parts out there so asking for advice/ suggestions
im sorry to hear about the cancer man... my aunt had cancer and fought the hard fight through it. But i'm glad to hear you're also a military guy. im a marine so i have the complete opposite of downtime lol

Quick Reply: Want to reach 500whp(suggestions)