Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

bulletproof drivetrain!

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I gotta say to the guy that made a statement relating that subarus have bulletproof drivetrains, ive seen an 05 sti, put a hole through his transmission about the size of some guys on here with the bottom end of there engines. He liked to race everyone, and always race at the street races, drive like an idiot everywhere, get chased by the cops here n there thinking he was cool. Never had money so always drove with the gas light on. He was the epitome of a ricer. I believe it was karma not a part failing is the reason why his STI is siitting in his backyard for the past 2 years. haha But back on track, there not bulletproof, they break trans n diffs as easily as we break parts.
Old May 3, 2012, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll take a temperamental drive-train when pushed past what it was meant for with a 4G63 anyday over a Scooby.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sti six speed tranny is bulletproof!, wish it was the same for the evo
Old May 3, 2012, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by shattered-4g63
What do you mean by "This will never be a Subaru" ?
Originally Posted by OG
I think he's trying to say that Subarus have bulletproof drive trains?
Originally Posted by dastallion951
I gotta say to the guy that made a statement relating that subarus have bulletproof drivetrains, ive seen an 05 sti, put a hole through his transmission about the size of some guys on here with the bottom end of there engines. He liked to race everyone, and always race at the street races, drive like an idiot everywhere, get chased by the cops here n there thinking he was cool. Never had money so always drove with the gas light on. He was the epitome of a ricer. I believe it was karma not a part failing is the reason why his STI is siitting in his backyard for the past 2 years. haha But back on track, there not bulletproof, they break trans n diffs as easily as we break parts.
You all agree the 4g63 is an amazing factory engine that can handle loads of power/knock/abuse right? I mean I do, thats the only reason why I feel ok self-tuning my car. The subaru getrag is like the 4g63s of the awd transmission world. Sure you can blow it, but you have to be a fool.

Evos running in CRC and the US rallys need groupN or ppg gearsets, and the really competitive evos run sequentials. Subarus? They run the stock 6speed....I've never heard of a subaru blowing a trans for anything other than blatant disregard. I even personally know a guy that broke the stock driveshaft on a launch on a rally stage (ie. on dirt, not on a super sticky dragstrip)....and the drivetrain was still fine. How many evos break their driveshafts before their trannys? And even a "failed" subaru 6 speed is not really broken, but the synchros gone from bad shifting practice. The R180 rear diff and STi axles are similarly super stout.

But of course if you buy a subaru they will never hold high hp reliably. It will always be like walking on egg shells. But rallys don't really need high HP. Just stout everything else. Subaru had their priorities right when designing their car for rallying. I've seen clutch jobs done in 30mins on rally stages. Other than being beastly heavy removing/reinstalling subaru trannys are not very hard.

I'm not a subaru fan btw. I hate them, lol. But I know a lot about them and you just can't disrespect their trans. It would be like a dumbass subaru guy disrespecting the 4g63.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iloveturbolag
@silver03evo

Its a Billet rear diff cover made by Frontline Fabrication, they are coming out with a billet valve cover for evo's as well.
Yes because the valve covers have been known to crack under high stress!

-Acree
Old May 3, 2012, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...case-done.html

I mean... its a start?
Old May 3, 2012, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pssst
LMAO... 3500$ kickstart

All jokes aside, im aiming for the same power and opted for a full shep proofed driveline...and exedy triple