Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Installing performance injectors

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
e85 is street legal...or are you referring to power level
Old May 20, 2012, 06:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by djdnav
Yes it is.
Originally Posted by robotech
Thanx I cannot wait my evo back to the road
Oh I hear ya. It is always nice when you can take it out for a spin and show it off around town
Old May 20, 2012, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have evo4 with evo8 engine and evo8 turbo.

I am planning to improve it's performance with keeping lag as smaller as possible so I will be looking for installing evo9 turbo.

I am willing to get around 400hp.

Currently engine is being rebuilt - forged pistons and so on.

I hope get car till summer. However turbo upgrade is scheduled after summer.

So the questions is - does it make sense to change injectors/fuel rail/pressure regulator now or when I install the newer turbo and we try to get those 400hp?

I am advised to buy Injector dynamics 1000cc injectors. I counted that for 400hp it's ok to have 700cc injectors. If I buy 1000cc will this affect engine in any way? The point is that 1000cc Injector Dynamics is the popular model.
Stock 560cc injectors will support 400whp. Injectors are not required.
Old May 21, 2012, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree that injectors aren't required, however, if you're going to do them, I'd recommend doing them later, as I find it much better to break in a new motor on stock injectors!
Old May 21, 2012, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

I would just do it now, may as well while the engine is being rebuilt.
Old May 21, 2012, 08:55 AM
Former Sponsor

injectors

In the event you are going to change and install injectors .Let us know we have the same injector at a much lower price and include a Resistor box by pass plug FREE to run the high imp . injectors or any fuel related parts . PM me or E Mail @info@racecomponentsinc.com
Thanks
Frank R.C.I.
Old May 22, 2012, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by djdnav
I am referring to power lever. Actually my thoughts are very simple - I want to keep ayc and want to keep lag as smaller as possible. ayc starts to brake at 500hp, so save too have about 400-430hp. low lag have small turbos, more power could be get from evo9 turbo. up to 420hp. about e85 - I want be able without a problem fill the car with standard petrol and drive to the track. i am in Europe and we have no proble with 98ths - so I guess we will tune car on that one.
Old May 23, 2012, 07:18 AM
Former Sponsor

injectors

Hello

I see you are looking for 400to 450 WHP the 1000cc inj will do the job for you . We can sell that injector to you at a good savings pver the ID and it is the same Bosch Injector . If you are interested please PM or E Mail me and i will be happy to give you a call
Thanks Frank R.C.I.

Oh I have a sale posted on the forum on injectors and Fuel pressure regulators .
Let me know .
Old May 23, 2012, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have evo4 with evo8 engine and evo8 turbo.

I am planning to improve it's performance with keeping lag as smaller as possible so I will be looking for installing evo9 turbo.

I am willing to get around 400hp.

Currently engine is being rebuilt - forged pistons and so on.

I hope get car till summer. However turbo upgrade is scheduled after summer.

So the questions is - does it make sense to change injectors/fuel rail/pressure regulator now or when I install the newer turbo and we try to get those 400hp?

I am advised to buy Injector dynamics 1000cc injectors. I counted that for 400hp it's ok to have 700cc injectors. If I buy 1000cc will this affect engine in any way? The point is that 1000cc Injector Dynamics is the popular model.

Hey man, I was on the same boat as you with regards to looking for injectors. All of the injectors being mentioned are bosch ev 14 core injectors. The guy above me, RCI is selling his 1000cc Bosch injectors for a very reasonable price. He also posted right above me. I'd suggest checking out his FS thread here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...ctor-sale.html

I decided to go with them. Do yourself a favor and at least get a price quote from him. I found his prices to be the lowest for what I got. I plan to do a full review after I've got them installed and the car retuned. I'll be going with the 71HTA at the same time.
Old May 23, 2012, 05:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Don't forget guys I have a Complete fuel sys from tank to Rail and from FPR to tank.

Check out my FPR and in Line Fuel Filters. I have some great deals on all related parts

Frank RCI

Originally Posted by boozeup&riot
Hey man, I was on the same boat as you with regards to looking for injectors. All of the injectors being mentioned are bosch ev 14 core injectors. The guy above me, RCI is selling his 1000cc Bosch injectors for a very reasonable price. He also posted right above me. I'd suggest checking out his FS thread here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...ctor-sale.html

I decided to go with them. Do yourself a favor and at least get a price quote from him. I found his prices to be the lowest for what I got. I plan to do a full review after I've got them installed and the car retuned. I'll be going with the 71HTA at the same time.
Old May 23, 2012, 06:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Race Components
Don't forget guys I have a Complete fuel sys from tank to Rail and from FPR to tank.

Check out my FPR and in Line Fuel Filters. I have some great deals on all related parts

Frank RCI
I understand your being a sales guy and all but for about 80% of us complete fuel systems aren't needed being we drive our cars everyday not just all out track cars. Our fuel systems even with a double pumper are good to about 600 whp which for many of us is fine. There is no need to swap out lines, fuel rails, fprs or anything like that for a dd driven car under 600 whp.
Old May 24, 2012, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Race Components

Frank RCI
well, i am putting aeromotive fuel pump, will put aem fuel rail, id injectors and aem fuel pressure regulator. did i miss something?
Old May 24, 2012, 06:26 AM
EvoM Guru

well, i am putting aeromotive fuel pump, will put aem fuel rail, id injectors and aem fuel pressure regulator. did i miss something?
For the hp rateing your looking for all you need is the pump and injectors.
Old May 24, 2012, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

All he really needs is it Walbro fuel pump and stock Evo eight injectors. 800 wheel horsepower can be made on the stock lines and rail
Old May 24, 2012, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Anarchy99
All he really needs is it Walbro fuel pump and stock Evo eight injectors. 800 wheel horsepower can be made on the stock lines and rail
some people say walbro is not reliable.

Quick Reply: Installing performance injectors