Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Installing performance injectors

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Anarchy99
All he really needs is it Walbro fuel pump and stock Evo eight injectors. 800 wheel horsepower can be made on the stock lines and rail
800whp on stock 8 injectors huh? My understanding is that most people run out of injector at around half that...
Old May 24, 2012, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robotech
some people say walbro is not reliable.
The only advice I can give you there is take a look at some of the people putting down similar numbers to your goals. Determine if *YOU* think their fuel pumps have been a problem, and take note of what they are using. Seems to me that they treat most everyone just fine. I'd also encourage you to look at this thread regarding your ID1000's:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ctors-evo.html

Not everyone has been having hot start issues with them, but a number of people have. Seems like the FIC's haven't given anyone the same problem. As stated previously on this thread, whether you get the ID's, FIC's or the RCI's, they are all the exact same injector core: the bosch ev14. I cross referenced the part number of my RCI's to double check, and sure enough, same core. Just some food for thought.
Old May 24, 2012, 08:22 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by robotech
some people say walbro is not reliable.
They have been in the game a long time. I ran a single walbro up to 500 whp for the longest time. Mind you I did end up killing it but that isn't the fault of the pump its the fault of me running only one.
Old May 24, 2012, 08:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by boozeup&riot
800whp on stock 8 injectors huh? My understanding is that most people run out of injector at around half that...
You misunderstood that. He said you can make 800 hp on stock fuel line and rail not stock injectors. And even 800 hp seems a bit high. More like 600 whp or so is where you start to run out of line and the fuel rail becomes a restriction.
Old May 24, 2012, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
You misunderstood that. He said you can make 800 hp on stock fuel line and rail not stock injectors. And even 800 hp seems a bit high. More like 600 whp or so is where you start to run out of line and the fuel rail becomes a restriction.
What's to misunderstand here? The sentence is just all off. I can definitely see what you are saying now that you clarified it, but its not at all what he said. Anyway, I also agree that his numbers he lists are a bit high.

Originally Posted by Anarchy99
All he really needs is it Walbro fuel pump and stock Evo eight injectors. 800 wheel horsepower can be made on the stock lines and rail
Old May 24, 2012, 09:39 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by boozeup&riot
What's to misunderstand here? The sentence is just all off. I can definitely see what you are saying now that you clarified it, but its not at all what he said. Anyway, I also agree that his numbers he lists are a bit high.
Yeah I get what your saying. I had to reread it a few time being he said all you need is fuel pump and stock injectors. Then to say stock lines and what nots makes 800 hp. So I can see how its kinda confusing