Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo build help, looking for 650+awhp

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2012, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo build help, looking for 650+awhp

I'm looking to do a build come August after I get back from deployment.. looking for advice on some good things to do or products.. I'm new to the Evo community.. The goal for the car would be 650 whp or more if possible on a 15k budget for now... any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 19, 2012, 07:08 AM

Contact English Racing!
Old May 19, 2012, 07:09 AM

I'll look into them, thanks!
Old May 19, 2012, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
If you are in New York, make the drive over to STM. Contact Emery on here. EmeryatSTM is his username. He will steer you in the path of your goals.
Old May 19, 2012, 07:28 AM

I got a price with them well a rough around number I think? more then I'm willing to spend at this time.
Old May 19, 2012, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your better off buying an mostly 'Properly' built car and working out the bugs, Its probably the only way your going to meet your budget.
Old May 19, 2012, 07:42 AM

Got the car already and its basically stock :-\
Old May 19, 2012, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Is your goal on race gas or E85? Curious because with a 15k budget... its just not realistic...

Try more like 30k
Best and cheapest option, would have been to buy a car already modded since your budget is so low. Might need to sell your car and look for a built one.. sorry to burst your bubble

For that power I would think you would need:
big ic
ic pipes
built motor/head
killer turbo kit
injectors
fuel rail
intake manifold
and LOTS OF BOOOST LOL

Just to name a few things quickly...

Also will you be installing your own parts and building your own motor? Does your 15k budget include labour and one epic tune?

I wish you luck but your power goal is not realistic for yor budget... try more like 500 whp

(I guess in the end, you may be able to produce a high hp figure but I highly doubt it will be realiable, with that budget)
Old May 19, 2012, 08:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 204 Likes on 148 Posts
I think he can get it done for 15k if he does it himself. Depending on his mechanical skills and if he can build the motor or swap the motor I am sure it can be done. I mean we can do a breakdown

4k in motor pending on what he goes with
2k in turbo and supporting stuff that goes with it pending on what he goes with
1500 clutch
750 to 1000 fmic
500 to 700 injectors pending on what size
250 to 450 for tb
600 or so for intake mani and exhaust mani ported pending on where he gets them from
650 cop setup
tscomptuned prices will very pending on what he wants to do

total
====
11150 taking the most expensive prices and he still has money left over to take his loved one out for letting him spend so much money on his car
Old May 19, 2012, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

I too think it could easily be done on a $15K budget. You may have to upgrade some other stuff down the line, but you can build more stuff later.

You can easily save some money by purchasing used items and doing the work yourself with the help of some friends. Find some local evo buddies to help you out.

What do you want to do with a 650whp evo? Drag race, daily drive it? There are a ton of different ways you could build the motor to accomodate your needs. It really just depends on what you want. You could rebuild the stock motor, stroke it, or go with a 4g64 block and build a stroker. We just need some more feedback. My sig has the ingredients in it for a 600whp Evo. You can look at some of the stuff listed.

Does your current car have any mods?
Old May 19, 2012, 09:47 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tachmotorworks in NY hands down
Old May 19, 2012, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm
I think he can get it done for 15k if he does it himself. Depending on his mechanical skills and if he can build the motor or swap the motor I am sure it can be done. I mean we can do a breakdown

4k in motor pending on what he goes with
2k in turbo and supporting stuff that goes with it pending on what he goes with
1500 clutch
750 to 1000 fmic
500 to 700 injectors pending on what size
250 to 450 for tb
600 or so for intake mani and exhaust mani ported pending on where he gets them from
650 cop setup
tscomptuned prices will very pending on what he wants to do

total
====
11150 taking the most expensive prices and he still has money left over to take his loved one out for letting him spend so much money on his car
Your missing BOV, Fuel system setup (minus the injectors), Downpipe and exhaust setup, Gauges, Head should be rebuilt with the proper cams, and several hundred dollars in fluids and gaskets/ accesories. You can find New/Used complete engines on here for around 4K but the specs may not be exactly what you want.

His 15k Limit is doable, but you will need to source some of the parts USED here on evom. I could copy and paste all the links you need just from whats in the for sale section now.

Yes and more info on what you are trying to do with your car? 650WHP is a simplistic number only goal, which isnt that hard if you want to throw a 6466 on the car But trying to build an uberwide powerband 650WHP car is a whole different story
Old May 19, 2012, 10:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 204 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by getsideways
Your missing BOV, Fuel system setup (minus the injectors), Downpipe and exhaust setup, Gauges, Head should be rebuilt with the proper cams, and several hundred dollars in fluids and gaskets/ accesories. You can find New/Used complete engines on here for around 4K but the specs may not be exactly what you want.

His 15k Limit is doable, but you will need to source some of the parts USED here on evom. I could copy and paste all the links you need just from whats in the for sale section now.

Yes and more info on what you are trying to do with your car? 650WHP is a simplistic number only goal, which isnt that hard if you want to throw a 6466 on the car But trying to build an uberwide powerband 650WHP car is a whole different story
This is true, but I was thinking he may have certain things such as exhaust, etc. I mean motor fully build from map will get you in the 4k range with head if he exchanges his core. But your right I did forget some things my bad.
Old May 19, 2012, 12:42 PM

The car is really just going to be just a fun and fast weekend car and sometimes go to the track... the car will be staying in NY and I'm stationed in Texas. I was going to have the motor built by a shop I can do the swap and other things... but when it comes to putting the motor together I'd rather have a shop that knows exactly what they are doing put it together
Old May 20, 2012, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Riddle
The car is really just going to be just a fun and fast weekend car and sometimes go to the track... the car will be staying in NY and I'm stationed in Texas. I was going to have the motor built by a shop I can do the swap and other things... but when it comes to putting the motor together I'd rather have a shop that knows exactly what they are doing put it together
650 hp is really going to only be fun in straight lines, but if thats what you're going for then great! I'm sure many can vouch for this, but I would just build your motor and put a stock housing turbo... FP/MAP/CBRD and have a blast in a straight line and through turns. some of those turbos will get you 500+ hp and will spool like a bat out of hell.

Quick Reply: Evo build help, looking for 650+awhp