Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Car seems slower, Check light, and stuttering/boggin issues.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2004, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car seems slower, Check light, and stuttering/boggin issues.

I've noticed that my evo has been slower lately for some odd reason. I put a typhoon KN intake on it, it took to it pretty well it seemed. I figured that after a little while, i just started getting used to the power, and the car (owned since last june). I had my 15k mile service done about 300 miles ago at the dealer, no issues everything fine. Car seemed to drive well, but I started noticing that it was really pulling timing bad in higher boost situations. Car is stock except for intake. BUt i know CA 91 crap gas isn't the best. Anyhow, tonight I was driving, got on it on an on-ramp for the freeway, and in second gear, a few hundred RPMs after i shifted, the car just bogged, like it was stuttering and then it took off again. RPMs didn't shoot up like if the car had a slipping clutch etc... It was like a bad hicup. It was odd, but the car drove fine after that on my way to the gym. On my way home, drove fine until i was almost home, almost at my off-ramp, and the car did it again, while cruising in 5th gear (cruising at 90mph, lol). This time the check light came on. THe car also has been having bogging problems where in parking lot situations, or stop light/bumper to bumper driving, when the clutch get's pushed in, the rpms drop to 200 rpm or so, as if the car is going to stall, bounce up, then flatten out at normal rpm again. needlss to say, i'm taking the car in tomorrow first thing to the same dealrship i had it serviced at. It really seems odd that all of this happens only know after it was serviced, and so soon after service.

A quick question: what would happen if the car was running with non-synthetic oil? I mean, i know what will happen to the motor and internals, but what are the symptoms? I really like the dealership i went to, but for some reason, i just didn't trust one guy working there (didn't seem as competant as he should have been for a manager), and i don't think that he made a note the last two times i went in about using mobil one synthetic, even though it says it right on the cap lol.

Just curious.

thanks
nosaccordh22@aol.com
Old Jan 26, 2004, 04:31 AM

Check to make sure your BOV isn't on backwards. That's what happened to me when I first put in the K&N Typhoon. Stupid manual shows the BOV in the wrong position.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

does the check engine light come on each time after the car stutters on the freeway?

Mine has been doing that lately also. It was diagnosed at the dealership as being the 0300 (Random cylinder misfire) code....There is no current solid reason why we get this cel. And there is no fix either!

SC~
Old Jan 26, 2004, 09:11 AM
In Timeout

Take off the intake, it give MAF error and see if it run better.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Well if it was a MAF error, the cel would say that.

What Evoinsocal really needs to do is get the cel decoded. If it's a MAF error, then he should remove his intake. If not, there is no reason to remove the part.

SC~