Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2004, 08:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Wadzii

ill say it again... as i have in many other threads... if ANY car tuned with a standalone looses ANY drivability it is completly the tuners fault. on all the cars i have done the owners report BETTER drivability than they had with the stock ecu. we are not talking mega modified cars here. im talking civics with cams, dsm's with minor turbo upgrades, a nearly stock evo. the more modified you get the better the flexability of a standlone shines. i have done a civic with over 550hp that drove like it was stock. stock idle, 25mpg. i did a fully race built b20vtec in a 97 civic, it got over 30mpg, idled and ran better than stock.

yes it costs more, but in the end the results of a standalone and a good tuner are WELL worth it.
To some maybe, to others maybe not... I think most are missing the point! If the OE ECU can do the job and run the Buschur BR475 turbo as if it were a part of the OE package, why in the hell would a large segment of the consumer base want to "blow/waste" money on something they don't need to spend the money on.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you all miss my point. any tuning devise is only as good as the tuner. if you have a standalone or flashed ecu or whatever and it drives retarded then its the tuners fault. many of our customers choose the ems simply because we are local. when they add a part or change something we are right up the road and they can come in and in a couple of hours have their car running its best. if we had the software/equipment to flash the evo ecu we'd offer that as well. we flash quite a few bmw ecus and do alot of chipped honda ecus. an ecu is only as good as the person who tunes it
Old Feb 2, 2004, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Zeus
To some maybe, to others maybe not... I think most are missing the point! <snip>
Originally posted by Wadzii
you all miss my point. <snip>
Geez, you are BOTH right 'cause you are arguing different sides of the coin and hence "missing the point". Yes, it would be nice to have a non-standalone solution where an OEM-ECU will do - you will find plenty of people in agreement with you, Zeus; and Yes, a standalone is only as good as the tuner - you are absolutely correct, Wadzii.

There, how's that?

Now, how the heck can we extend the usefullness of the OEM-ECU setup to give people more cost-effective options - that what the discussion on the last couple of pages was all about, right?
Old Feb 2, 2004, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 4G63&gt;OOOO

Would conversion to a 3.0 bar MAP help this? From what I understand about ECU's, as long as the output voltage remains consistent with the 02/MAF loop correction factors, the real restriction would be in the MAS element itself and not the maps, as long as you know how to adjust them, no?

In my previous car, '94 S4 (Frankensteined to all hell before I gave up on it and got an Evo), we could only make the ECU hit 22psi on the stock 2.5 bar MAP. Once we converted to the 3.0 bar Bosch MAP, we could run 27psi all day long as long as the turbo, block and MAF could handle it. Running a T04E 57 trim, we ripped the stock MAF hotwire out of the housing with the airflow we were pushing and then went to a Sport Quattro/M5 MAF and did okay.
Hiya,
If you don't mind, I'll respond to your post on our own forum since it appears merely my presence here upsets some people
shiv
Old Feb 2, 2004, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by vr430

Geez, you are BOTH right 'cause you are arguing different sides of the coin and hence "missing the point". Yes, it would be nice to have a non-standalone solution where an OEM-ECU will do - you will find plenty of people in agreement with you, Zeus; and Yes, a standalone is only as good as the tuner - you are absolutely correct, Wadzii.

There, how's that?

Now, how the heck can we extend the usefullness of the OEM-ECU setup to give people more cost-effective options - that what the discussion on the last couple of pages was all about, right?

thats exactly why i love the internet
Old Feb 2, 2004, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

We have dyno sheets. Email if you would like a look at them because I am having a hard time posting them. I am definitely not going to post them on this thread.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 01:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by vr430

There, how's that?

I saw the point, and agree for the most part with Wadzii... guess I wasn't clear enough on that. I was merely stating it won't be the weapon of choice for Average Joe when he can have the ECU effectively flashed for about a quarter of the price (look at Al's business shooting through the roof). As I've said before 90% of the Evolutions driving around the US will never see over 400whp... however, David is trying real hard to kick the **** out of my "vapor stat". He's making it just too easy to obtain such a beast...
Old Feb 2, 2004, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

with the technology avalible today 400hp is easy, all 500hp takes is a couple more bux. it dosnt really get hard till you want more than that. and im talkin stock block pump on pump gas.

a few years ago i would have agreed with zeus about noone seeing over 400hp, but in the last month i have done 2 cars that could easily be over 400 with the setups they have... im talkin stock block hondas. all a evo needs is cams to obtain 400hp.

hp has never been cheaper.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Dave,

On your shop car you have diffrent coils. Why?

Kit looks nice. Casting looks OEM like. Can't wait to see them in person and runing around.

Eric
Old Feb 2, 2004, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Eric,

Those coils are Buschur's new CDI ignition they're developing.

Hey Dave, that mounting plate has got some potential for some serious "bling". You ought to engrave the BR logo in the portion near the timing belt cover.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by propellerhead
Eric,

Those coils are Buschur's new CDI ignition they're developing.

Hey Dave, that mounting plate has got some potential for some serious "bling". You ought to engrave the BR logo in the portion near the timing belt cover.
Looks hot!, can you run it on the stock ECU with out tuning?

Plug and play as far as hardware!! What about software.

Eric
Old Feb 3, 2004, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

It looks to me like there will be a control box that will be triggered by the stock ECU and programming to drive the new ignition coils. However, this is pure speculation on my part based on what I read on the BR site.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 10:00 AM

Has this kit been on the dyno with 100 or greater octane yet? If so can we see the graphs?
Old Feb 3, 2004, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah really.... when we gonna see the results with race gas! =(
Old Feb 3, 2004, 12:07 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
any words on race gas ....bump bump

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers