Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2004, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey David,

I'm interested in purchasing this soon as my headwork and cams are ready to go... I notice you say that your kit will include a lower intercooler pipe. Will this work with your upgraded front mount intercooler kit, or the stock or other aftermarket units?

Dan
Old Mar 16, 2004, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
free bump
Old Mar 16, 2004, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Alot of questions.

The upgraded stock turbo is NOT the same turbo as the BR475. The upgraded stock one we have been testing is the one that failed, we have had no troubles with the BR475. The new upgraded stock turbo that is being built now should have no problems and is suppose to be available in 4-6 weeks.

You do NOT need a fuel rail upgrade for the turbo kits we are offering. You do NOT need an intake manifold. The short runner sheetmetal intakes mainly increase upper RPM power. The studs I would recommend for the head and I would also recommend leaving the stock thickness gasket in.

The HKS downpipe will work (with our full turbo upgrade kit) IF it uses a flat flange that does NOT use the factory donut gasket at the downpipe. The upgraded stock turbo we are working on now will use anyones downpipe.

The lower i/c pipe that we have made up right now for our complete turbo kit will work with only our FMIC kit. We will make another pipe to go to the stock i/c and other companies FMIC kits.

Thanks,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Mar 17, 2004, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Mar 17, 2004, 01:41 PM

this makes me want to buy an evo and get rid of my vr4.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 01:44 PM

Dave, lets get some information on the BB options. I'm inbetween your kit and another vendors kit that offers a tubular manifold. I think I'm going to go with a cast manifold, but I'm drawn to some of the newer BB offerings.

Last edited by metaphysical; Mar 19, 2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

read like the third page of this thread.

BR gave IMO a very good discription of parts and why they were chosen.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

David,
Is the turbo kit officially available yet?
I keep checking your website.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

When is it actually going to be available? I remember when i ordered my stage 4 kit from you guys someone told me that originally the kit was planned to be released by christmas.
i'm just wondering when we can expect to see these kits actually out on the market.

hope you dont' think i'm sounding like a dick cause my comment is not ment to be hostile in any way. i'm just anxious because the only turbo kit i would even considering putting on my car would be one from you guys.

so keep us updated. we're all anxious and waiting.

thanks
joel
Old Mar 19, 2004, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I got another 8 manifold in from the casting company today. Took them right over to the CNC shop. That makes 16 of them there now. They are doing the programming over for the manifolds as we changed the runner and port dimensions. We also have the stand offs on it for the factory heat shield. They know we are hot for the parts. As soon as the manifolds are here we are ready to start shipping the kits.

You are correct, I had originally thought we would have the kits out on cars be the end of December, we are way behind. The entire casting/manufacturing process was more of a hold up than we thought.

As for the turbo kit information. It is in the last 17 pages of this topic. As for the turbos here is some new information.

It looks like we are going to be offering two basic kits now. The kits are going to very for the biggest part for whether or not you want a standard bearing turbo or a ball bearing turbo.

The standard bearing turbo kit complete with the manifold, SS 02 housing, turbo, oil lines, lower i/c pipe and new engine fan will be no more than $2500. Depending on what the actual price of the standard turbo kit costs the ball bearing option is going to add between $500-600.

The turbos that are going to stay within this price range will support from 475 to 580 whp. There will be a variety of turbo sizes available with both bearing options.

During atleast the initial build of the turbo kits NON of the parts will be available seperately other than the turbos themselves. In other words we are not going to sell the manifolds and 02 housings for someone to make their own kits.

Thanks,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Mar 19, 2004, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Are injectors and programming included in the kits? What about downpipe?

Steve
Old Mar 19, 2004, 01:48 PM

Originally posted by steve_evo
Are injectors and programming included in the kits? What about downpipe?

Steve
Read the rest of the thread. He's explained what's included in the kit about 4 or 5 times already.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am angry at the fact that Buschur racing does not provide turbo specs! (everyone has to take some credit for engineering and development) and…This doesn’t necessarily say they are trying to rip people off. (as a technological person) When I purchase a turbo I would like to know the size of my compressor and exhaust wheels, what type of compressor housing is being used etc. Precision turbo and engine clearly states the size of wheel being used, the compressor map of the turbo, etc. To hide this type of information from the customer is just plain ridiculous. Eventually a customer is going to take apart the turbine wheels and do some measurement. If there is possibly a more efficient or better combination of compressor wheels/housing, I sure as hell want to know about it! I have additional thoughts about this hidden information that I will not disclose. Best regards,

Evolition9
Old Mar 19, 2004, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by evolution9
I am angry at the fact that Buschur racing does not provide turbo specs! (everyone has to take some credit for engineering and development) and…This doesn’t necessarily say they are trying to rip people off. (as a technological person) When I purchase a turbo I would like to know the size of my compressor and exhaust wheels, what type of compressor housing is being used etc. Precision turbo and engine clearly states the size of wheel being used, the compressor map of the turbo, etc. To hide this type of information from the customer is just plain ridiculous. Eventually a customer is going to take apart the turbine wheels and do some measurement. If there is possibly a more efficient or better combination of compressor wheels/housing, I sure as hell want to know about it! I have additional thoughts about this hidden information that I will not disclose. Best regards,

Evolition9
If you've been fabricating parts for nearly 10 years and having everyone rip them and making money off of it after you do all the R&D, then you'd probably have a different opinion.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats a stupid answer. I'm not looking to sell turbo kits, or make any sort of money off Daves R&D. I'm looking for the best turbocharger for my car. How in gods name do i know if im getting the best turbocharger for my application if i dont even know the turbo's specs!!! It doesnt take a rocket scientist to pull a turbo off a car, take it apart, measure it, compare it, and determine what components are being used. If I was a Vendor and wanted to rip Dave's kit, not knowing the specs of the turbo i purchased(might prevent me a bit) but i'd eventually acomplish my goal. How could you possibly buy a computer with out knowing whats inside, or a snowboard with out knowing what its made out of, when buying something expensive ($2500 is a lot of money) I sure as hell want to know what I'm getting. I dont see how much it could hurt to tell the specs of the turbo being used.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers