Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2004, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OHHHHH i did not see that post Sorry
Old Jun 11, 2004, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 954DRGSR
Anything back yet on the modififed stock turbo?
What that guy said.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 03:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
We did not do any more testing with our EVO. As a matter of fact our EVO is going to be down until we get these damn manifolds back. I just pulled our entire turbo kit off our own car to send to Robert Fuller for an event in California.

Yes, there will be pump gas tunes for the turbo kits. Great guy and customer of ours just left with the first actual production turbo kit on his car this morning. He is on his way to see Al and dyno on Pruven's AWD Dynojet with his car. He has our Stage 4 kit on the car, 780 cc injectors, bone stock head/shortblock and the turbo kit. Al is going to do a 18-20 psi 94 octane pump gas tune for the car. We are hoping the car will make 400-425 whp on 94 octane, I think that would be good. Mike, the car owner, will then be able to just add race fuel and up the boost for track use.

The stock upgraded turbo should NOT need a larger fuel injector, especially at pump gas boost levels.

Thanks,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

We just got done tuning MIKES car ... I guess Al was second choice.. Mike is on his way to the track..

Mark
Turbotrix Racing
Old Jun 13, 2004, 06:29 PM

What type of power did it make?
Old Jun 13, 2004, 09:35 PM

Perfect time for me to say a big THANK YOU! to David Buschur for putting together a very streetable (is that a word?) very powerfull turbo kit. Tym and Dave also gave up a Sunday to install and tune the AEM all my mods are Buschur and I couldn't be happier. Now, being the horsepower freak most of us on this forum are I took a little trip to Turbotrix to see Mark and have him do some AEM tuning on their dyno. Numbers? How bout 387hp..321trq on 93 pump @21 pds boost. Oh, it gets better boys and girls. C-16@29pds boost 463hp...403trq!!!!! My car looked like it wanted to pull the dyno out of the ground! MARK, JEFF, KEITH, ALL AT TURBOTRIX YOU ROCK!!!!

Did I forget to mention that I tagged along to Englishtown where the best trap speed my car ran was over 120mph! Okay, I'll admit after watching me run a weak *** 12.32@119 Keith from tbotrx ran an 12.05@120. With that mph I should be able to get deep into the 11's. My car is 3500 pds with me in it and has not been stripped in any way. Mark also fixed the fuel mileage steady cruz problem and on the way back to Maryland I avg about 23 mpg. As and added bonus I got to see the trbotrx evo run back to back 10.0's. Mods are buschur thru stage 4, 264 cams, 780's, excedy twin disc, AEM. Thanks again to all who have helped me with my EVO. See you at the track!
Old Jun 13, 2004, 09:44 PM
Account Disabled

People Run faster and make more power pump gas wise on teh stocker, but the C116 Numbers are good.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

People Run faster and make more power pump gas wise on teh stockerThat is strange.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

450 whp on pump

i have stage 4 but with 272 cams

i really want somewhere around 450whp on pump my friends car is being built by AMS and they made about that on pump and i want to be able to keep with him with your products

i will do head studs

will the br500 be able to make those numbers on pump with a good safc tune?

what is the spool like on 20lbs on the br500
Old Jun 13, 2004, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by umiami80
People Run faster and make more power pump gas wise on teh stocker, but the C116 Numbers are good.
People do not run 119-120 on "the stocker" (turbo, right?) and I've never heard of folks making 387hp on 93 octane. I would, however, love to know exactly what mods were on the Buschur Evo when it ran 117.88 mph on the stock turbo.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Jun 13, 2004 at 10:32 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Mark, you copied an old post of mine actually. Al had already tuned the car with the flash in it, you tuned it with the AEM. Don't try and start trouble

Glad to hear you got to the track Mike. 120 mph trap speeds should be sub 11.50's easily.
Should have given me a call, would have liked to heard about it from you.

I am surprised that at 29 psi they only got you up to 463 whp. We are going to dyno the kit on our car today (Monday, June 14th). I am anxious to see what the 580 makes on the our car. The 500 kit made 505 whp. I will try and call you today.

Other questions:

The BR500 probably isn't going to make 450 whp on pump gas. The BR440 made 401 whp on 94 octane and the AEM EMS. I don't see getting another 50 whp on straight pump gas. The octane just becomes the limiting factor.

As you can see from the post above with the BR580 on Mike's car it only made 387 whp on 93 octane. The octane must gets to be the limit more than the turbo.

The spool up on the BR500 on the dyno is outstanding. I haven't driven it on the street in the EVO. However, the BR580 will make 20 psi by 3800 rpm on the street, the BR500 will be even quicker to spool.

The mods done to our EVO8 when it ran 11.65 at 117.88 mph were the following:

Complete Buschur Racing Stages 1-4
AEM EMS standalone fuel management
Exedy twin disc clutch
Straight race gas

NO weight was taken out of the car, BONE stock head, BONE stock shortblock and BONE stock complete turbo assembly including the stock manifold and 02 housing.

Thanks for reading, can't wait to get back on the dyno today and then off to the track.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 14, 2004, 05:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Mark, you copied an old post of mine actually. Al had already tuned the car with the flash in it, you tuned it with the AEM. Don't try and start trouble

Glad to hear you got to the track Mike. 120 mph trap speeds should be sub 11.50's easily.
Should have given me a call, would have liked to heard about it from you.

I am surprised that at 29 psi they only got you up to 463 whp. We are going to dyno the kit on our car today (Monday, June 14th). I am anxious to see what the 580 makes on the our car. The 500 kit made 505 whp. I will try and call you today.

Other questions:

The BR500 probably isn't going to make 450 whp on pump gas. The BR440 made 401 whp on 94 octane and the AEM EMS. I don't see getting another 50 whp on straight pump gas. The octane just becomes the limiting factor.

As you can see from the post above with the BR580 on Mike's car it only made 387 whp on 93 octane. The octane must gets to be the limit more than the turbo.

The spool up on the BR500 on the dyno is outstanding. I haven't driven it on the street in the EVO. However, the BR580 will make 20 psi by 3800 rpm on the street, the BR500 will be even quicker to spool.

The mods done to our EVO8 when it ran 11.65 at 117.88 mph were the following:

Exedy twin disc clutch
Straight race gas

NO weight was taken out of the car, BONE stock head, BONE stock shortblock and BONE stock complete turbo assembly including the stock manifold and 02 housing.

Thanks for reading, can't wait to get back on the dyno today and then off to the track.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Dave ,,

Mikes car was picking up crazy knock on pump gas. I had to pull alot of timing out to keep it from detonating. This is why the low number on pump. As im sure you can attest some cars are less prone to detonation then others. Mikes car was real sensitive. Race gas was another issue. Tell tym to update his ems firmware . I had to update mikes

Mark
Turbotrix

P.S. Good looking turbo kit btw ...
Old Jun 14, 2004, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BR:The mods done to our EVO8 when it ran 11.65 at 117.88 mph were the following:

Exedy twin disc clutch
Straight race gas

Thanks David. I actually went on to your forum (pretty nice, BTW) and saw the mods for myself. Very impressive. I was trying to figure out if you guy used NOS, and you didn't. Most of the folks claiming that MPH on the stock turbo turn out to have a few more goodies under the hood: headwork, Nos, tubular exhaust manifold, etc.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Jun 14, 2004 at 06:19 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Mark, (David typing)
At 21 psi of boost I am sure it was picking up knock on 93 octane. When it was here I had no knock when I tuned it on 94 octane and 18-19 psi of boost, the car felt strong. When Mike left it was at 21 psi of boost, Tym and I both talked to Mike the day after he left and told him to turn the boost back down to 18-19 psi...on the boost gauge, not on the AEM. The numbers are low on the 93, that's for sure. The 94 we have is really strong, new gas station, no contaminants or water in the tanks yet.

Mark, (Tym typing)

Exactly which firmware release did you upgrade to? I'm curious as to which version you found in the ems and which version you upgraded it to.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

p.s. I hear the car went 9.95 at 143 mph. Congrats. I do have a couple questions, what does it weigh now? Does it still have power steering, a/c and an interior? How about the big stock brakes and great handling suspension, are those still on it too? I am just trying to figure out if you guys have an EVO or a EVO bodied drag car. Just curious.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 01:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Mark, (David typing)
At 21 psi of boost I am sure it was picking up knock on 93 octane. When it was here I had no knock when I tuned it on 94 octane and 18-19 psi of boost, the car felt strong. When Mike left it was at 21 psi of boost, Tym and I both talked to Mike the day after he left and told him to turn the boost back down to 18-19 psi...on the boost gauge, not on the AEM. The numbers are low on the 93, that's for sure. The 94 we have is really strong, new gas station, no contaminants or water in the tanks yet.

Mark, (Tym typing)

Exactly which firmware release did you upgrade to? I'm curious as to which version you found in the ems and which version you upgraded it to.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

p.s. I hear the car went 9.95 at 143 mph. Congrats. I do have a couple questions, what does it weigh now? Does it still have power steering, a/c and an interior? How about the big stock brakes and great handling suspension, are those still on it too? I am just trying to figure out if you guys have an EVO or a EVO bodied drag car. Just curious.

The firmware update was 1.03nn , They changed some stuff with the idle setup and some other things. As far as our car, no power steering and no AC, We just fan jeff in the pit lane .. We couldnt fit jeffs SSR's on the front with those big brakes so we downgraded to the 1g brakes. Power windows, stock dash , radio ect ...

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Jun 14, 2004, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
The firmware update was 1.03nn , They changed some stuff with the idle setup and some other things. As far as our car, no power steering and no AC, We just fan jeff in the pit lane .. We couldnt fit jeffs SSR's on the front with those big brakes so we downgraded to the 1g brakes. Power windows, stock dash , radio ect ...

Mark
Turbotrix

1.03nn is the firmware release I have been using since it was released. I have no explanation as to why you would have found anything different to be in Mike's ems. How did you determine the firmware to be other than 1.03nn, and if you could elaborate, I'm further curious as to exactly what version you found in that box.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers