Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2004, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tym Switzer
1.03nn is the firmware release I have been using since it was released. I have no explanation as to why you would have found anything different to be in Mike's ems. How did you determine the firmware to be other than 1.03nn, and if you could elaborate, I'm further curious as to exactly what version you found in that box.

tym ..

send me a private message, with your email .. I'll send you mikes file. You'll notice the diffences in the idle setup.

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Jun 14, 2004, 08:40 PM
Account Disabled

People do not run 119-120 on "the stocker" (turbo, right?) and I've never heard of folks making 387hp on 93 octane. I would, however, love to know exactly what mods were on the Buschur Evo when it ran 117.88 mph on the stock turbo.

Been done, about 380WHP on Pump and a LIL over 400WHP on race gas, seen a 11.8 @117 on pump gas, stock turbo, then a 11.7 @ 118, stock turbo, Stock FMIC...... Tuning is Key, and that is what makes it possible, mostly EMS....
Old Jun 14, 2004, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur

We are going to dyno the kit on our car today (Monday, June 14th). I am anxious to see what the 580 makes on the our car.
David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
What did it do ? ?
Old Jun 14, 2004, 09:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Ditto
Old Jun 15, 2004, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
We had a customer show up yesterday morning from WAY out of state. Needed an AEM EMS put on, wiring buttoned up and nitrous installed on the car (DSM). We had to pull the EVO out of the dyno bay to get to his and didn't have a chance to get back on our car.

Mark,

All the new AEM boxes come with version 1.03nn in them. We were out of EMS boxes for Mike, he was coming on a Sunday and AEM was out too. We had to buy the box and have it overnighted from another wholesaler, they must have had it sitting around for some time.
The only way you would really notice the 1.03nn version wasn't in the box is if you had some idle issues, which of course that car did not. Mike's car's idle and driveability were absolutely perfect when it left here.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 15, 2004, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by umiami80
Been done, about 380WHP on Pump and a LIL over 400WHP on race gas, seen a 11.8 @117 on pump gas, stock turbo, then a 11.7 @ 118, stock turbo, Stock FMIC...... Tuning is Key, and that is what makes it possible, mostly EMS....
This a great thread. I'm not gonna highjack it with this conversation.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 06:14 AM
Former Sponsor

We had a customer show up yesterday morning from WAY out of state. Needed an AEM EMS put on, wiring buttoned up and nitrous installed on the car (DSM). We had to pull the EVO out of the dyno bay to get to his and didn't have a chance to get back on our car.

Mark,

All the new AEM boxes come with version 1.03nn in them. We were out of EMS boxes for Mike, he was coming on a Sunday and AEM was out too. We had to buy the box and have it overnighted from another wholesaler, they must have had it sitting around for some time.
The only way you would really notice the 1.03nn version wasn't in the box is if you had some idle issues, which of course that car did not. Mike's car's idle and driveability were absolutely perfect when it left here.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Your idle Vs target table ..was wrong. It rolls from right to left ..and should go from left to right... That was how i knew it was wrong... they messed up a while back and fixed the problem. You can get the car to idle good that way ..But the problem is when you rev it and it comes down, esp when the a/c is on. Just an fyi ..
Old Jun 15, 2004, 06:24 AM

So can we get a BR440 with water-cooling and ball-bearing options? I discovered AutoX and no longer plan to go too large.

Smogrunner: There are about a half-dozen to a dozen Evo's in the Tri-state area running 11's on the stock turbo (and FMIC has been done). A lot of the guys who did the AEM EMS dynoday with Turbotrix came out at the shootout and ran REALLY strong. (I'm installing my EMS today!)
Old Jun 15, 2004, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

if i get the Aem Ems and the br500 what pump gas #s can i expect?
Old Jun 15, 2004, 07:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

...in search of the holy pump gas grail... the crusade grows...
Old Jun 16, 2004, 08:40 AM
Former Sponsor

p.s. I hear the car went 9.95 at 143 mph. Congrats. I do have a couple questions, what does it weigh now? Does it still have power steering, a/c and an interior? How about the big stock brakes and great handling suspension, are those still on it too? I am just trying to figure out if you guys have an EVO or a EVO bodied drag car. Just curious.
Tym,

I understand why you would wonder if we have an EVO or a EVO bodied drag car as there really seems to be a fine line these days as to what makes a car a "street car" and what makes a car a "full drag car". Some people build a car for the street class with no interior, seats, dash, door panels, etc, and then say its a "street car". Others go as far as putting a motor, rear, and trans in the car that it doesn't come with stock, gut it, throw one seat in it, zip-tie some gauges to the roll cage and call that a "street car" also.
Our car has full interior with the exception of no passenger seat which was removed to fit the liquid to air and nitrous. Tein suspension, its actually the one that came off Jeffs street car. We switched to 99 brakes so we could fit Jeffs wheels and ET streets. Believe me, we tried like hell to make several sets of rims fit over the stock Brembos but it required a ton of sparers and looked terrible. No AC, no P/S. But it does have power windows and power door locks. The radio is even in there for looks. Stock fuel tank with intank pumps. Stock glass, etc. It weighs 2980 with driver and it's still heavy for the street class. Could we put the stock rims back on it and drive it around on the street?.....yes. But why would we since we each have an EVO of our own. We own 4 EVO's at the shop. Three of them our are personal cars and the 4th is the one we race. One is a flash car, one a SAFC car and the last two have AEMs. We use them to test all of the parts we sell and it gives us a lot of flexibility. No matter what the part, we have one of our evos to test it on.
A few months ago we heard you were building an evo to run nines also. I'm glad to hear it. Fast evos stealing the spotlight from other car companies helps us all. If you guys do it with stock suspension, brakes, full interior, p/s, a/c and full weight I'll be more than impressed.

Last edited by TurbotrixRacing; Jun 16, 2004 at 08:47 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

So whats the word on the "stock like" turbo kit?
Old Jun 16, 2004, 11:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
lol, good stuff, but really what IS up on the stock upgrade?
Old Jun 16, 2004, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, the bigger turbos are nice, but what can be done with what we already have??
Old Jun 16, 2004, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
As for turbos, just got off the phone with the turbo shop building the larger stock appearing turbo. He now has 2 seperate companies working on it trying to get something finished. He has no idea how much longer.

What can be done with the stock turbo? Tons. The stock turbo is such a great unit it is hard to beat. We made 390 whp and 390 ft lbs of torque with it on race gas. Our EVO went 11.65 at 117.88 mph on the stock turbo. Great turbo, great spool up. If you are looking for an all around enjoyable car I would even suggest sticking with it.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers