Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2004, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
our stock upgraded turbo when it is finally out
What is the projected date of release/testing of the upgraded stocker?
Old Jun 22, 2004, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Just called to find out. I am plaqued with delays it seems. I am told the plastic model is finished as is on it's way to be test fit to the turbo shop. From the time they say "O.K." then it is another 8 weeks. Let me see, 9 weeks ago it was 4 weeks until they were done and now it is 8 more weeks. SNAFU.

On the good side of things we did get in (5) BR440 turbos today and can ship those out immediately.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 22, 2004, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

I would like to know everything about the modified stock turbo...sounds like everything I've always wanted..
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:05 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's been so long David I can't remember, was it just a bigger wheel? If so, what makes it special?
Old Jun 22, 2004, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SuperchargedGTZ
dont forget about CFM....a turbo can flow more air at the same psi.
Actually, no it can't, however the same CFM of denser air is what makes the power. PSI is PSI, and 1 cubic foot of air is 1 cubic foot, and will make the same pressure in a given space regardless of what turbo it came from. What occupies that space, however, is what counts. Denser = more oxygen per square foot = more fuel can be burnt = more power can be made. You can never put more air in a given space and have it be the same pressure as a different volume of air in that same sized space.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by machron1
Denser = more oxygen per square foot = more fuel can be burnt = more power can be made. You can never put more air in a given space and have it be the same pressure as a different volume of air in that same sized space.
Well, you started out all good and then...well, you ended it all wrong.

Your point is right...that the volume of the air is the same. And the more efficient turbo flows the same volume at the same pressure as the less efficient turbo. But then the difference in temperature, and thus density (as you pointed out) comes in. More dense air comes out of a more efficient turbo because it is heated less. Thus more air DOES occupy the same volume of space...more oxygen molecules per cubic foot at the same pressure.

This is all relayed in the equation (distantly familiar, and yet painful, to all us poor sots who had to slog through chemistry):

PV=nRT

Pressure(P) times Volume(V) equals "n" times "R"(those just always stay the same...they're "constants") times Temperature(T)

So if pressure and volume stay the same, regardless of which turbo we use (which is what you have pointed out) then it follows that the only thing you're changing is the temperature of that gas and thus "more air" fitting into that same volume.

Why I just went through all of this, I have no idea. I hope someone enjoyed it

Last edited by MyCre8n=Evlshn; Jun 22, 2004 at 03:52 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

I have a hardon.

Hell, this thread is almost TECHNICAL! I love it!

So which is the best reflash to get?
Old Jun 23, 2004, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

The Buschur Flash is the best flash to use with our parts, actually unless you get a completely custom flash I don't think any of the other flashes are going to perform well at all with other Buschur Racing parts.

The turbo is going to have an upgrade compressor wheel in it. We may clip the turbine wheel too, we'll do some testing once it is all done and make that decision. This stock modified turbo should make somewhere around 50 additional whp over the stock turbo.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 23, 2004, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Nice! Is this going to be one of those deals where we trade core units and cash or are you selling them separetly?
Old Jun 23, 2004, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

No core required on these, cash and carry

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jun 24, 2004, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

machron1 and MyCre8n=Evlshn

Where the hell were you when I started another thread asking about turbos and power?
It took days to get an answer that simple.
(sorry for the ot)
Old Jun 25, 2004, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
is there porting for hte cast mani or is it even necessary? i'm interested in water cooled turbo :]
Old Jun 25, 2004, 09:22 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by trinydex
is there porting for hte cast mani or is it even necessary? i'm interested in water cooled turbo :]

You're not alone...
Old Jun 25, 2004, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
haha yeah i know i was glad you brought it up earlier on zeus, and david seems like he's tossin' the idea aroudn but nothing official on the site yet. i guess what i'm looking to find is ball bearing or not watercooled fast spooling br500, everything else in the kit seems rock solid. backed by some good forethought, philosophy and experience.

and i would also like to hear feedback from robi about the br500 as an autox capablility (or roadrace).

Last edited by trinydex; Jun 26, 2004 at 12:33 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2004, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

No porting required on our manifold, it is super clean inside, we haven't touched on yet. We cast it as it needed to be so the porting wasn't needed.

Watercooled ball bearing option may come later. Right now we are selling kits faster than we ship them. I honestly don't think the BB is needed. You have to drive in one of these cars to understand, they spool faster than anything I have ever seen a big turbo do on a 4g63. The gear ratio in the EVO is just ideal for getting a turbo up and on boost very quickly.

Try e-mailing Robi for some feedback, he will get with you.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers