Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2004, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zeus
Me too... there just has not been a "kit" yet that has lived up to my expectations... I'm using pump gas DSMs as the "bar". It seems for some reason that there is a yet spoken design element hindering pump gas numbers on the Evo... vs. the "old" DSMs that is.
Just give it a little time and the EVOs will catch up to the DSM #s. All these turbo kits are still pretty new and will take some time for the users to get them running optimally.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The downpipe can easily have a flex section put in it. We actuall just went through more changes here on the downpipe design, the last 25-30 units we built are completely different from the first 350+ that we built. We have changed the bends in the downpipe, again, to allow more room for the high flow cats, allow for the addition of a flex section and to try to completely eliminate the lower tie bar spacers.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 13, 2004, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The downpipe can easily have a flex section put in it. We actuall just went through more changes here on the downpipe design, the last 25-30 units we built are completely different from the first 350+ that we built. We have changed the bends in the downpipe, again, to allow more room for the high flow cats, allow for the addition of a flex section and to try to completely eliminate the lower tie bar spacers.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Can you throw in a WBO2 bung too? Someplace down near the outlet of the DP?
Old Jul 13, 2004, 08:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by propellerhead
Can you throw in a WBO2 bung too? Someplace down near the outlet of the DP?
Hey Dave, that's actually a pretty good idea.. nobody's downpipe comes pre-equipped with an O2 bung for tuning with a wideband.. I also think the flex section is a very good addition. I'd say those two things would (for myself) be worth paying a few dollars more.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Hell, even if they throw in the 02 bung and flex section, it will probably still be a better value than anyone else's turboback, considering now they only want 750ish for it.

Last edited by 4G63>OOOO; Jul 13, 2004 at 08:49 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

The flex is $80 extra we can put it in the 2.5 and 3" downpipes. The SS 02 bung, why not just use the rear 02 bung for the wideband? With the EMS we install the wideband where the stock one was. We can put in an extra bung if that is what you want, $25 for the bung and installing it.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 13, 2004, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Problem with the EMS is here in NC is that you cant have the car inspected due to no OBD2 port to hook up. So for me I would have to use a piggy-back of some sort. The WB02 bung would be an awesome addition to have come on the DP for those if us that the AEM EMS is not an option. I know it sucks.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Joe,

Check the local laws about what they do when they test the car. Here, Ohio, if the OBD2 port doesn't work they have to tail pipe sniff it. This makes it so as long as you tune the car properly and have a cat you should be able to sneak it through.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 14, 2004, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The flex is $80 extra we can put it in the 2.5 and 3" downpipes. The SS 02 bung, why not just use the rear 02 bung for the wideband? With the EMS we install the wideband where the stock one was. We can put in an extra bung if that is what you want, $25 for the bung and installing it.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
For track days or dyno tuning with a test pipe the rear bung works fine but I want to run the cat on the street and have the sensor upstream from it so I can run my WBO2 & gauge full time.

I'll consider an updated DP with a bung if I do a turbo upgrade. First I want to get a ride in a well tuned BR440 or BR500 equipped Evo before I make a decision. I'm afraid to give up the stock turbo spool on track days. Nastea is local to me so if I get a chance to meet up with him maybe he'll grant me my wish.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 10:38 AM

buschur is doing some peemp work. keep up the good work.
later
andy
Old Jul 14, 2004, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

BR 580 dyno sheet.

Hi guys,

I am going to post this in a few different places. This is some real world stuff for you guys.

This dyno sheet is more of what to expect instead of some of the low numbers and problems that are popping up here and there from tuning and combinations that aren't working well.

These are not the best numbers to expect, just something more respectable than what I am seeing. This dyno sheet is from a BR Stage 1-4 and the BR580 kit. It was done on C16 and tuned with the EMS. Bone stock engine, head, intake and throttle body. Boost was set at 26 psi. The tune that was done on the car was very non-aggressive and this was done an a Dynojet AWD dyno.

The 387/321 was 93 octane, timing was set at only 4 degrees at peak torque.

The 463/403 was on the C16, timing was set at only 12 degrees at peak torque.

We did NOT do this tune, but this is a better example of what the kit is capable of even with a tune that is not aggressive. From the looks of the MAPS nothing was done at all to try and enhance the spool up on the turbo.

With a more aggressive tune and 30 psi of boost I don't see a problem with this particular car making 520 hp, that should be easy.

Thanks,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Attached Thumbnails Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers-br580awddynosheet.jpg  

Last edited by David Buschur; Jul 14, 2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

If I am looking at the sheet correctly the BR580 shows only a 26 hp gain over stage III on pump gas.(without your tuning)

Will Buschur be offering any tuning settings with theses turbos if the customer has Stages I-IV?

Last edited by skibum; Jul 14, 2004 at 12:16 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

So the Maryland car did not have stages I-IV I assume.
I guess what I would like to see is what I am going to get with all of the stages.
David I know you said the lag is not bad with the BR500 but,
it would be nice to see on a graph.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

are dynosheets copywritten?
Old Jul 14, 2004, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

skibum,

You are correct, sorry I missed it while my blood pressure was up, the BR580 kit you see there only made 26 more hp over the stage 3. Two different dyno's two different tuners.

The best pump gas numbers we ever got from the car if my memory is right was 360. The BR440 kit made 401 on pump gas, on the "moon" dyno.

This BR580 kit in a DSM has made 587 whp. This turbo on our AWD car went 9.65 at 148 mph, this is the car Daryl Hudson has now. In the EVO we have only been able to make 548 whp with the same kit. Not sure where the power lies that we are missing. My guess is between the power steering, stock shortblock and the a/c there is enough extra drag to kill some of it. The AWD also had light weight Bogart wheels on it, lighter tires and small 2g rotors. All of this parasitic drag will loose quite a bit of power.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

David Buschur

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers