Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2004, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers

Hi all,

Well we have been busy here. We are doubling the space we use to run Buschur Racing out of. We have decreased the size of the dyno room to allow just one car and we have used the rest of building for manufacturing and shipping. It is CRAZY here!

With all of the time we are spending making changes we have also found the time to put the prototype manifold on the car and make some runs with it.

The turbo we want to offer for the majority of guys is something that has near stock spool up and will still make a good power gain over stock. Well the turbo we have been selling to the DSM guys for some time is what we had in mind. It is our BR475. This is what will be the smallest of the turbos we offer.

We still have the same 94 octane fuel in the car from the day of the flash work we did.

We re-installed the AEM in the car with our standard Stage 4 package.

The engine is still 100% bone stock, the head is 100% bone stock, the throttle body and intake manifold are also stock.

We are still running the 264 intake and exhaust cams.

Below you will find the dyno chart from the car comparing the new turbo on pump gas to the stock turbo with the BuschurFlash. We wanted to use this chart because the torque on the flash was better than with the AFC and the test conditions are the same, so is the fuel.
Attached Thumbnails Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers-brevoturbokitvsstg3_pumpgas.jpg  
Old Jan 28, 2004, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice gains.

Last edited by 954DRGSR; Feb 8, 2004 at 04:43 PM.
Evolved Member

Pictures of turbo kit on the car...

Below you will find the completed kit installed on the car. The only difference between this kit and the one we will be shipping is the one we will ship uses the STOCK HEAT SHIELD on it.

The mounting points on this manifold are off and we didn't have them drilled when they CNC'd it.

Another side note is the inside of the manifold is not perfect and there was NO porting done on it. We ran it right out of the mold.

There are some interior flaws in the first two manifolds along with the mounting points for the heat shield being off. The production units will be perfect. They are in line to be cast now.

As a side note we have done some flow bench testing on the EVO head. The exhaust side is done at .300 lift. It just stalls. By bolting this manifold to the exhaust side the head gained more flow up to where we stopped flowing the head at .500. That really says something for the manifold.

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers-brevoturbokit2.jpg  
MP5
In Timeout

Nice David!
Old Jan 28, 2004, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

More pics.

Another view...
Attached Thumbnails Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers-brevoturbokit3.jpg  
Old Jan 28, 2004, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Hi David,

quick question for you. i sit possiable to order the manifold pretapped for an egt sensor (1/11 npt). i would hate to drill this pretty manifold and make it ugly
Old Jan 28, 2004, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

last picture...

Here is the other shot we took.

One more thing. I had hoped to sell this kit for $2500 complete.

After putting it all together it really looks as if I was high on that price.

I will have to wait and see what the CNC work is costing us but if all goes well I am fairly certain at this point we can do them for a little bit less than the $2500 I had hoped to release them for!!!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 28, 2004, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Oh well, the last shot we took must not have gotten compressed, the server won't let me post it.

Yes we can tap the manifold first before sending them out.

Also, we are going to continue dyno'ing the car tomorrow. We will be adding race gas to the car in the morining and seeing what it will make at 25-26 psi of boost.

I am really hoping to see 475 whp, that is a BR 475 after all.

When we are done with this session on the dyno we will be bolting on our BR580 to the car. Then the power should get pretty crazy. There is a sacrifice in spool up over the BR475, but with a huge increase in HP.

Take care guys,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 28, 2004, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

thanks David, great job
Old Jan 28, 2004, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
very nice!
Old Jan 28, 2004, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

BTW guys, that manifold is NEVER going to break. That is why we are doing what we are instead of jumping on the tubular manifold band wagon. I have been down the road of headers before and not only are they terribly time consuming but sooner or later there is going to be a failure. That is not acceptable to me.

We also plan to be able to ship these turbo kits out as soon as we get an order. Unless you have someone that is going to sit at a welding bench and do nothing but fabricate headers there is no way to stay up on demand for a turbo kit that works and sells in large number.

As soon as we get the manifolds back from being cast we will be able to ship immediately.

Thanks again,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 28, 2004, 05:02 PM

What all comes with this kit?

I am guessing: exhaust manifold, turbo, oil feed line, and o2 housing?

The kit looks great
Old Jan 28, 2004, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

is that dyno made on a 4 wheel or 2 wheel dyno?
Old Jan 28, 2004, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

What are the specs on the turbos Dave?

Can you give us a run down of the kits, and what they include?

Thanks,

Steve

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing turbo kits & dyno numbers