Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Whats you think of the APEXi AVC-R electronic boost controller?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2004, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats you think of the APEXi AVC-R electronic boost controller?

I got intake, fullpipe, downpipe & blowoff valve. Just wanna know if I add an ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROLLER, would that add a good amount of HP? From what I read from vendors' websites, they do require an AIR FUEL CONTROLLER but that needs to be dynoed. We dont have a DYNO here so I guess its best not to mess around w/ that. Is it OK if I just add an electronic boost controller? how many HP would I gain w/ the boost controller? Any disadvantages? BTW, we only have 93 octane here so is it still ok to increase my boost? I've heard that if the fuel octane is low it would be a problem to increase boost via the controller. detonation?

From what I understand is that these boost controllers can be programmed to maintain boost at a certain desired PSI. So if I set it up to 19psi would that mean that at any RPM or gear im always at 19 psi? compared to the stock set up where PSI is low to start w/ then starts to climb depending on gear & RPM. I need more HP, pls. help!!!