Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

World Time Attack qualifying: #1 Nemo / EFR 8374 #2 Tilton / S300SX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by khmerpimpin
It's believable, they were already beating the rest of the field by 2 seconds with that time, saving it for next year perhaps lol.
Saving it for when they come over to take on you guys!!!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dyno plots exist for any of these cars besides an engine dyno?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok so Nemo Racing isn't running MIVEC. Not bad
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dyno plots, you serious? This is a hugely competitive big dollar game and I dont see anyone giving away much if anything so people can ooh and ahh over a dyno graph.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by APEX'iEvoIV
They had very limited testing prior to WTAC, expect big things from this car

their website:

http://www.nemo-racing.com/
Just cruised through their website. Mad props to them for essentially designing the whole package from the ground up. This is the first TA Evo I've seen with a good aero package, although I'm surprised they are not venting the rear wheel wells. Judging from their onboard g-sensor numbers, they've still got room for improvement. IMO they've still got at least 1G of DF left to find and that's not even considering active aero of some type (DRS, air brakes). If their current driver got worried with where the car is at today, they'll have to find someone else to drive next year, lol. With more dialed in aero and the power potential of a 9180, it's got the potential to break 1:20 on that track.

l8r)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Benja
Saving it for when they come over to take on you guys!!!
I nope the Nemo team takes a tour of Japan, then makes it's way to the USA. New track records should spark the competition
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

2.92 lateral G's!!! They're like half way to F1, and I mean that in a crazy impressive way. That's awesome.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvocentriK
Dyno plots, you serious? This is a hugely competitive big dollar game and I dont see anyone giving away much if anything so people can ooh and ahh over a dyno graph.
Its a matter of seeing what these turbos really do.

Since power is only a small part of the equation I don't see how it can hurt. Nemo's big thing is weight and aero.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

MotoIQ has some coverage: http://www.motoiq.com/home.aspx

l8r)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by ThatOneKid
2.92 lateral G's!!! They're like half way to F1, and I mean that in a crazy impressive way. That's awesome.
F1 max lateral G is 5, so that's more than half way there and they also did it on street tires.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by honda-guy
F1 max lateral G is 5, so that's more than half way there and they also did it on street tires.
See I thought that it was 5 G's as well, and looking at a track layout it will say they hit 5 G's on the higher speed corners. Just watching the G meters on the cars I've seen high 5's or a 6 once or twice, making me think that it is possible for them to occasionally corner that much harder. You probably know more than I do though, so I'll defer to your expertise.

But if it is indeed 5 then that is all that much more impressive especially on street tires.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

^ Where are you getting your info from?

In the posted WTAC video of Nemo, it didn't look capable of pulling more than 2 Gs in high speed corners. If the car was capable of pulling more, it should have done so in turn 1. There were a couple of very short spikes in the 2.x G range, but those looked to have come from surface irregularities, not steady state cornering. As much as we'd all like to see an Evo corner like an F1 car, it's nowhere near that right now. Heck, it's not even anywhere near a radical or ALMS prototype. I for one will be very impressed if they can get their aero to give them a sustained 3 G - and even more impressed if they can keep oil in the block at that level.

l8r)
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by h22gordo
1000 kilos, 900+ hp.

Last edited by Chaz17; Aug 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
^ Where are you getting your info from?

In the posted WTAC video of Nemo, it didn't look capable of pulling more than 2 Gs in high speed corners. If the car was capable of pulling more, it should have done so in turn 1. There were a couple of very short spikes in the 2.x G range, but those looked to have come from surface irregularities, not steady state cornering. As much as we'd all like to see an Evo corner like an F1 car, it's nowhere near that right now. Heck, it's not even anywhere near a radical or ALMS prototype. I for one will be very impressed if they can get their aero to give them a sustained 3 G - and even more impressed if they can keep oil in the block at that level.

l8r)
In the video it highlights 2.92 G's and yes it was for a very brief period however juding by the meter theyre showing it appears that the car is sustaining 2 + G's, which is still ridiculously impressive.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I think Nemo will probably impress even more on Tsukuba than it did at Eastern Creek - going by the fact it was apparently down >40kph versus comparable cars on the straights it must be REALLY hitting a wall in terms of aeros vs downforce. Throwing an extra 100-200hp by way of 9180 I doubt will make a huge amount of difference beyond improving the already short bursts of acceleration, so really a technical track with enough speed to get aeros working but low enough speed to not spend extended periods of time pushing against wall might really do it some justice.

Could we see a 51.xx at Tsukuba?

Quick Reply: World Time Attack qualifying: #1 Nemo / EFR 8374 #2 Tilton / S300SX