Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

World Time Attack qualifying: #1 Nemo / EFR 8374 #2 Tilton / S300SX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:04 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The tilton interiors evo, built and tuned by scott kuhner went 296km/h on the straight, earning 2nd place and highest speed. That is a big accomplishment considering they were on record breaking pace - with journal bearing s300. Nemo is a wild build so most everyone agreed Tilton/insight had the fastest steel evo at the event. He emailed this to me:

Originally Posted by Scott @ Insight Services
Pretty happy with second. Centre diff screwed for the second day so when we turned the boost up to go for the win and smash 1000hp it was just like a front wheel drive. We gave it a shot though. The guys are very happy. We have more to come from it. I think the centre diff is simply saying “are you guys crazy??” Might have to beef it up. It only started giving problems when we boosted it to the maximum. Go the S300!!! I used every bit of air it had!!! We got to 296km/h with that ol’ turbo. I was asking everything out of it. Pity that 9180 EFR is not available. Would you expect much more out of it than the 9180 S300? It’s a hard act to follow that old turbo

Our Evo x ran well all weekend except for hurting the box on the first day. We had to put a standard box in on the second day. Ran sweet as with what I call the baby efr. Can't wait to get the 8374 efr for that one. We still did a 1:34 with that car which is not bad.

Our other customer with the Evo 6 time attack car won the open class. This surprised everyone including the owner. He ran a 1:30.7 which is quicker than our pro car last year!
Originally Posted by stimsoni
the winning lap of 1:25.02. It was done at 26psi and about 550 - 575hpatw. Shows how bloody good this thing is. you don't need the power to go fast.
amazing how a lightweight chassis with good aero and susp doesnt have to slow down for corners! I run the same turbo and boost level in my dd evo (just not nearly as badass of a motor), i can only imagine if it lost 500kg was made of carbon with a ton of aero

on the other hand, tilton ran the biggest s300 the hardest they can, all out, to get that time - too bad the driveline wasnt cooperating

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Aug 21, 2012 at 07:46 AM.