Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Goal of 400-450hp

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injectors (1100-1450cc), e85 tune, Lower and Upper IC piping. How thick is your Intercooler as well? (3-3.5" will do) A grimmspeed EBC is very nice for ecu controlled boost and costs nearly the same as a Manual Boost Controller (something to look into) and do you have a 3" DP or 02 housing? you are easily looking at 425+ with this combo without cams. Best of Luck with it all!

+1

the S2's are sweet,but may be more than what you really want,and will no doubt change the driveability and the rpm range.changing the rpm range may adversely affect your turbo.

like i said before i don't know much about the stock turbo's,but the rpm range of the S2's is significantly higher than stock.those cams are honestly for a bugger turbo(keep in mind i have an 8,and i don;t know what the 9 turbo is capable,so i could be off base).but my car an EVO 8,no way do i put S2's in on a stock turbo.i would do the cams for sure,but i would upgrade the turbo too.

the S1 may be a nice upgrade,and not really change your rpm range much.you will probably gain 30-40whp from the S1,and guess what,you keep the stock springs for sure.

i just see a lot of guys on here always say,"throw in some S3 or S2 or kelford 280 or etc,and yes they do make more power,but it will be at a higher rpm range.i understand why they say that,but camshafts are give and take.

for instance,do you plan on shifting at 7,000rpm or less?

if you answered yes to that question get the S1 cams and thank me later.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by masonh
+1

the S2's are sweet,but may be more than what you really want,and will no doubt change the driveability and the rpm range.changing the rpm range may adversely affect your turbo.

like i said before i don't know much about the stock turbo's,but the rpm range of the S2's is significantly higher than stock.those cams are honestly for a bugger turbo(keep in mind i have an 8,and i don;t know what the 9 turbo is capable,so i could be off base).but my car an EVO 8,no way do i put S2's in on a stock turbo.i would do the cams for sure,but i would upgrade the turbo too.

the S1 may be a nice upgrade,and not really change your rpm range much.you will probably gain 30-40whp from the S1,and guess what,you keep the stock springs for sure.

i just see a lot of guys on here always say,"throw in some S3 or S2 or kelford 280 or etc,and yes they do make more power,but it will be at a higher rpm range.i understand why they say that,but camshafts are give and take.

for instance,do you plan on shifting at 7,000rpm or less?

if you answered yes to that question get the S1 cams and thank me later.
Yea I want to keep it at 7k
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E85, cams, bigger exhaust piping, bigger UICP/LICP, and a bigger turbo! 450 easy!!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rmeister007
E85, cams, bigger exhaust piping, bigger UICP/LICP, and a bigger turbo! 450 easy!!
For sure e85. Still thinking about s1 or s2.. probably leaving the piping alone for now. Bigger turbo could be on the list still not sure to go with green or red