Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Blouch 760 XT-R Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Blouch 760 XT-R Turbo

The British Evo cousins over on the Mitsubishi Lancer Register(MLR) forum are raving about a newly released stock-framed turbo called the Blouch 760 XT-R. This turbo is apparently an updated design based on the BB BBK-B.

The XT-R's compressor flows marginally less air than the BB BBK-B's compressor(53 lbs vs. 56 lbs.), but the aero is much improved giving increased midrange power and torque, as well as quicker spoolup. This is supposedly a great pump gas turbo and it is configured wiith a Garrett BB center section. One fellow switched from an original style BB BBK-B to this turbo and reported improved dyno numbers and better results at the drag strip as well.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to start an internecine feud on here. I am not really up to date on Blouch and CBRD turbos at all. These improved aero design wheels may already be incorporated into the U.S. market CBRD BBK-B's for all I know. It may just be that in Britain the turbos are marketed under the Blouch name.

Or, is it indeed, a slightly different upgrade variant based on Blouch's original BBK-B design? One post in the MLR thread linked by 94AWDcoupe, below, mentions proprietary Blouch 3076 extended tip technology wheels.....So, I don't know

Last edited by sparky; Sep 15, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got a link?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry. I'll look over there for a link.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=396658
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for linking it up, 94
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:24 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The original turbo in question appears to be the BBK-B (non ball bearing) so there would be a slight difference-

We do all of our Stock Frame Mitsu turbos with Blouch- They have some dealers overseas that are allowed to sell the product but NOT under our brand depending on who it is- And they are also able to exercise custom turbos for some of these companies.

We have the smaller BBK full, Full-BB, B-BB, and the C-BB's to use-

We have a few options to fit our customers needs- where-as some of Blouch's other customers only have access to one or two-

Cheers

CB

Last edited by CBRD; Sep 25, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
The original turbo in question appears to be the BBK-B (non ball bearing) so there would be a slightly difference-

We do all of our Stock Frame Mitsu turbos with Blouch- They have some dealers overseas that are allowed to sell the product but NOT under our brand depending on who it is- And they are also able to exercise custom turbos for some of these companies.

We have the smaller BBK full, Full-BB, B-BB, and the C-BB's to use-

We have a few options to fit out customers needs- where-as some of Blouch's other customers only have access to one or two-

Cheers

CB

Thanks for taking the time to answer and shed some light on my questions, Chad! I really appreciate your forthright and honest response.

Last edited by sparky; Sep 25, 2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has there been a price determined for this turbo yet?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Apparently, as per Chad, this turbo is not a CBRD "B" series turbo at all. It is probably a limited production run by Blouch for one of their British distributors. Based on latest technology aero-design, extended tip 3076 wheels. It is not the CBRD "B" series rotating assembly at all.

It is not a CBRD turbo, therefore it is not on the CBRD website. I had mistakenly thought that Blouch(and in my mind Chad as well) had done a clandestine, pre-release, beta test-run, of a "B" series wheel upgrade in Britain to test the waters, so to speak. That is why I started the thread actually.

This turbo being as it is, a limited run, custom, bespoke turbo, by Blouch Turbos for a British tuning shop is not available in the US. I already checked on the Blouch website and couldn't find it there either. So, you'd have to order it from the dealer in Britain(expen$ive!)....I guess.

Last edited by sparky; Sep 25, 2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

If you read through the MLR thread that 94AWDcoupe linked in his post #4 above, you'll see that the compressor flows roughly intermediate between the BBK-Full and the BBK-B compressors. According to initial driving impressions it has decent transient response, good spool, and is a good torque producer as well.

I imagine that it is something akin to an HTA 3076 rotating assembly, spinning on a Garrett BB center section, inside of stock appearing housings.

Last edited by sparky; Sep 25, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

I apologize for my somewhat ilegible, repetitive and disjointed posts. I am in my car(not driving though) working from my iphone down here in this Central American jungle heat. Of course, like the Warren Zevon song, "....Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money, 'cause the **** has hit the fan."