Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Transmission fluid leaking

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission fluid leaking

Well a couple months ago i replaced the clutch and also the axles because they were torn. Ill try to find the brand name. Iv been having issues of leaks. Seems that my axles are popping off the c-clips and causing fluid to leak out. I replaced the c-clips and they worked for a little bit. But im right back to the problem. I have to force the axle back on after every drive. Does anyone have any experience with this?? Its making me hate this car
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:10 PM
Account Disabled

well dont hate the car. Did you do a proper break in period? If so how many miles? Who makes your clutch you put in. First thoughts Im think master slave cylinder but again this is just from about 10% info.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by winkdogydog101
well dont hate the car. Did you do a proper break in period? If so how many miles? Who makes your clutch you put in. First thoughts Im think master slave cylinder but again this is just from about 10% info.
That's not his problem. Improperly breaking in a clutch will not cause you to leak fluid. Where did you get the axle's from?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't hate the car. any car you buy requires maintenance and repairs. back to your problem. its not your clutch either, its your oil seal that's leaking Tran Oil from were the drive shaft goes into the transfer case. I just had the same problem on my 03 Evo 8. I replaced the drive shaft on the passenger side and the next day it started to lacking Tran oil. after USING THE SEARCH OPTION with this great forums provide you for help, i found out that its a common problem with Evo. so i just bought the oil seal from STM and going to install it and hope it stop lacking.

BTW you need to provide MORE INFO about your problem like the other member suggested.

Good Luck
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there's a lot of little details when replacing the axle seal and pushing the drive axle on

I recently replaced my axle seal and also found out that it's a common problem with evos. I made sure I pushed and shoved the axle on tight, no leaks any more. here's my thread on it with some tips I found from other threads

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...side-axle.html
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:35 PM

What brand axles did you use? Ive replace a lot of axles at work and have found FEQ brand axles are junk. Have had nothing but problems with them. From the joints going bad under 30k to axles popping out due to being to short. Which is what your experiencing. See what brand axles they are. If the joints dont make noise or have play i just clean the old grease out. Pack with new grease and install new boots.