Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Squash Performance Evo 7/8/9 Fuel System - tester needed ASAP

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 03:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
I'm your man. I'll test it.

I have a Full Blown double pumper right now.

-8AN Feed
-6AN Return
Twin Walbro 255HP in Tank.

My current full blown setup leaks through the wires, used to leak through the top of the can (due to height of pumps), and my level sender unit has never worked properly since I installed the unit.

Car runs and drives right now on E85. Check out my build thread below for details on the car

I can have it swapped in the same day it arrives and provide pics, install instructions, and a review comparing it to the Full-Blown unit.
Oy! I shouldn't badmouth anyone here, but you wouldn't have any of those problems with our setup. We are working on a unit to debut at Sema for the C5 Corvette. The sending unit is on the side of the tank at the bottom and we pressure tested to 10psi on the tank and our unit didn't leak. There's just no way it can. We use a real tank header on the lid so there are no wires passing through and the header itself is molded to the pins. It is guaranteed not to leak a single drop.

I talked to n2oiroc and we will test fit the 789 unit on his car this weekend. Once that's done we will go into production for a short run next week. I invite a side by side comparison....

Andy
Old Oct 4, 2012, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a Duetsch connector on my main harness that connects to my fuel pump assembly harness... due to running 2 intank pumps. What does your bulkhead connector look like? CPC?
Old Oct 4, 2012, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor

I have a Duetsch connector on my main harness that connects to my fuel pump assembly harness... due to running 2 intank pumps. What does your bulkhead connector look like? CPC?
It's a 6-way connector rated at 40 amps per contact. It's beefy. Each pump has its own +12 and ground so you can wire them up however you want. If you have the right crimper we can send you the connector housing and terminals to roll yourself. We usually ship with a reasonable length pigtail on it, but we are also trying to make pre-made harnesses as well.

If you had gas wick up the pump wires it would have expanded the seals in those Deutsch connectors to twice their size and probably pushed the contacts all over the place in there!

Andy
Old Oct 4, 2012, 05:48 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eric their bulkhead connectors look dope, super neat design as well as it seals via ORB...

Old Oct 4, 2012, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What booth will you be at sema? I'll come by and visit
Old Oct 4, 2012, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SquashPerf
It won't be through the roof - we don't have pricing set just yet but the hanger will be in the $400-$550 area + pumps of your choosing. I think that isn't considered through the roof but maybe close to the ceiling for many. We'll figure it out

Andy
awesome!! that sounds very affordable to me... hopefully everything will be plug n play 100% direct fit? if you decide to do a group buy on here, I'M IN!!!
Old Oct 4, 2012, 06:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Sema booth 21709!!!! Any more questions ask away.

Andy
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It looks like your connection to the other side of the tank uses the factory plastic "push lok" lines. Is this true? I have a -6an line that I'd rather not use between the tanks with an efi hose clamp.... Not clean, not robust, and nOt very oem looking
Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:47 PM
Former Sponsor

It looks like your connection to the other side of the tank uses the factory plastic "push lok" lines. Is this true? I have a -6an line that I'd rather not use between the tanks with an efi hose clamp.... Not clean, not robust, and nOt very oem looking
You are correct, we are using a quick connect fitting there. It is, however, moved over a few inches so we will have to see how it works out. I can make a new nylon oem-style line if we need to but I don't know how hard it would be to replace without taking the tank out until I get my hands on it.

Andy
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Hmmmm what do we have here?

Andy
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:25 AM

I want!! When will these be available for purchase?! I'm going to be completing my project within the next month and a half or so and would definitely be interested in buying one. PM me.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:56 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good guys, nice and compact as well... so I take it no more metal ring to hold this baby down?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CT9Asphixyation
I want!! When will these be available for purchase?! I'm going to be completing my project within the next month and a half or so and would definitely be interested in buying one. PM me.
Some will be available in the next couple weeks, but for sure early November there will be lots to buy

Originally Posted by Freddie@Spec-Ops
Looks good guys, nice and compact as well... so I take it no more metal ring to hold this baby down?
You've got it right, no more ring. It is as compact as possible but still uses -8 o-ring fittings. It's all made possible by not using the stock ring. Interesting fact - the non-EVO Lancer tank uses the same ring and bolt pattern but it's clocked differently!

Andy
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, this looks sweet.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It fits! The one he brought to test fit was just a prototype, but the quality was stellar! Andy has been very thorough and wants it to be perfect. Couple questions for everyone, where would you mount the fuel pump relays? Stock lines or an lines? Im going to run -8/-6 but im not the only guy here.

Quick Reply: Squash Performance Evo 7/8/9 Fuel System - tester needed ASAP