Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My new Evo IX has issues (big ones)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to hear
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

i was just going though the same thing my head was bad and needed to be replaced. It was the most annoying process and took over a month to fix for some reason. Long story short the cars fixed and its back and then gets hit and goes to the body shop. Never ends. i just smh.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:30 AM

ouch! bummer man. I bought my first evo from opposite ends of the country, never had time to check it out in peron, but luckily I knew someone in the area who could take it to an experienced mechanic for me so I wasn't buying it blindly.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:20 PM

Again thanks so much for all the help guys! Well first off the only problem I could detect in the car when i bought it was the missfire, and yes now that i look back i should have taken it to a mechanic rather than trusting that it was just fuel cut. And i didn't see the signs of the gasket till it ran the cooling system low the next day after a 6 hr drive back. Anyways the mechanic that has the car now only wants to trust a few other shops in Abilene TX who wont work on EVOs I'v heard of DSM graveyard before and called them they want $2700 for a rebuild and $1500 if they cant reuse the head. This is allot cheaper than what my mechanic wants to do, order a new motor from mitsu.... $$$. Ill call Evolution Dynamics tomorrow and see if they will rebuild and send it back and how much they want, the only thing I'm wondering about is if they will do a OEM rebuild. My attorney on base who also used to be a car dealer says i have a good case in court to make them pay for most of it if not all of it but I'm going to have to go with an OEM rebuild. And if anyone has some good reviews from these places please let me know, my mechanic is real iffy about having places like this rebuild motors and is telling me he wants to talk to them about warranties first.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by dustin57
Again thanks so much for all the help guys! Well first off the only problem I could detect in the car when i bought it was the missfire, and yes now that i look back i should have taken it to a mechanic rather than trusting that it was just fuel cut. And i didn't see the signs of the gasket till it ran the cooling system low the next day after a 6 hr drive back. Anyways the mechanic that has the car now only wants to trust a few other shops in Abilene TX who wont work on EVOs I'v heard of DSM graveyard before and called them they want $2700 for a rebuild and $1500 if they cant reuse the head. This is allot cheaper than what my mechanic wants to do, order a new motor from mitsu.... $$$. Ill call Evolution Dynamics tomorrow and see if they will rebuild and send it back and how much they want, the only thing I'm wondering about is if they will do a OEM rebuild. My attorney on base who also used to be a car dealer says i have a good case in court to make them pay for most of it if not all of it but I'm going to have to go with an OEM rebuild. And if anyone has some good reviews from these places please let me know, my mechanic is real iffy about having places like this rebuild motors and is telling me he wants to talk to them about warranties first.
Yea sadly that's just how it always pans out, something seems minor and just branches into more. Wish I could recommend someone down there for you, best of luck though, hopefully everything works out.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:13 AM

PM'd with a nice solution.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:30 PM

Well things were not going to work out with DSM Graveyard so I am going to go with Evolution Dynamics in Dallas TX for the rebuild just working on getting a truck and trailer together to get it there. Thanks again for everyone's help.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 08:18 AM

You work on dyess man?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Advanced forum huh? I'll probably never visit these parts again.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:13 PM

this type of thing happened to me also. i guess you just learn not to rush into the sale, i ended up diong a full engine rebuild because of it, now its called the money pit
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dustin57
Well things were not going to work out with DSM Graveyard so I am going to go with Evolution Dynamics in Dallas TX for the rebuild just working on getting a truck and trailer together to get it there. Thanks again for everyone's help.

You dodged a buellet not dealing with DSMgraveyard.

Hope you get it back under you soon.

I would have liked to seen some pics of the damage your mechanic found on the head.