Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Squeaking and sticky clutch?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:39 AM
jt3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Squeaking and sticky clutch?

A while back I was cruising at ~30mph, when all of a sudden there was a loud grinding noise, so I pulled over to check if anything was out of the ordinary but I couldn't see.

After a bit more driving, the clutch makes a squeak / squeal after changing gears a few times ( at first there's no noise, but then after a few more changes the squeak becomes a bit louder).

So I had my clutch changed (with the release bearing). The clicking noise is still there, and after driving it for a while the squeak is still there and can be heard from the outside as well.

Also the clutch is "sticky", as in when it's disengaging (the pedal was adjusted when changing new clutch), it's not going up smoothly. Any ideas anyone? The stickyness is only there when going from a stand still i.e starting off at the lights (tried in first and second gear). But through the gear shifts once it's moving, it is fine.

Could anyone give me any pointers as to where to find the culprit?

Thanks.

Last edited by jt3; Oct 15, 2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:43 PM
jt3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgot some info on this as well.

This only seems to happen when I come to a complete stop at the lights. So if I was to drive for a while without having to stop, I could still go through gear changes and there wouldn't be any squeaks :/

Done a bit of reading and thinking it has something to do with the master or slave cylinder. Would this sound right?

Will get it checked out when I go for my major service.