Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

new high-Z injectors coming from FIC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012 | 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
cool stuff... and the lower pressure means the min pulse width issue with the monster injectors is somewhat alleviated. I'm poor

my point for running a 50psi base pressure and not higher. Makes my minimum IPW larger and gives me hope at having a steady afr at idle. Unfortunately the S3 cams don't help much.

Another reason why I run 50psi, is because I use the walbro 255 HP's that ARE NOT punched. so when I go over 85psi the pressure relief valve opens up. So since I run more than 35psi, I'm in this weird flow region. I'll be swapping to the E85 compatible walbros when I get my new Squash Fuel hanger setup.

There is no perfect cheap solution for making 600+whp. You either spend waaaaay too much money, add complexity, or deal with not perfect fueling. like everyone says... if there was a single pump that supported xxx hp and fit into the stock housing... it would solve a ton of issues. That HP number just keeps going up. Moving target.

Injectors are tough, and I think ID is on the right path. They're making a completely NEW design of injector that will be available in the 1300cc size. It will be manufactured by Bosch, but is ID's proprietary design. the ID1300 with fuel pressure may solve a lot of issues we're having.

I think my horsepower wants/needs will keep me in the ID2000 size range..and I'll improve my low IPW performance by characterizing the non-linear region using my vipec (or MoteC... shh don't tell the wife) and see how much better I can get the idle.

OT- I want an 1200whp lamborghini.

Last edited by R/TErnie; Nov 16, 2012 at 01:13 PM.