Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch options and opinions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2004, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch options and opinions

Hey guys, I am thinking of replacing my clutch soon. It is getting old and slipping. There is not much info for preferences in the forum. I was thinking of going with a clutchnet setup. I have had experience with them in other cars and loved the quality. I was wondering what others are using and if anyone is running a clutchnet setup?
Old Feb 7, 2004, 06:33 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
I have not heard of anyone installing a clutchnet in an EVO VIII but would also like to hear about any experience. Do you have any pricing on the solid hub?

Speedlimit...
Old Feb 7, 2004, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

I have the exedy twin disc. it chatters a lot, but grabs anything i'll throw at it.
Old Feb 7, 2004, 06:49 PM

I'll check up on prices. I would difinatly be going with a sprung hub myself. I am really interested in a good street setup, I hate having to deal with chattering.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 07:52 PM

Sorry i did not get a chance to get the prices today. i'll post them tomorrow evening.
Old Feb 10, 2004, 06:39 PM

I got some prices today. If we can get a small Group buy started(5 people) the prices would be $465 shipped. The kit would include a type 1 Pressure Plate(rated at 40% over stock) and a 6-puck sprung hub or solid hub disc. There is another Pressure Plate that is available it would be 10-15% over stock and would be $45 cheaper. I know i need to check into the vendor catagory but is there a way gauge interest without going through all that trouble. If you are interested in just a disc price let me know i can check on it.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 06:24 PM

Just checking if anyone has anymore info on clutches?
Old Feb 14, 2004, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

I use ATS twin and triple plate clutches but they are for higher HP levels. If you plan on staying with stock turbo, just get an ACT clutch. They work well.
Old Feb 14, 2004, 07:24 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
After looking over the current crop of available clutches I am probably going to go with an ACT. I had one in my Talon and it performed very well. I'll skip the Fidanza flywheel. The ACT clutch will slip a little, which helps protect the drive train. I'm not going for high HP at the track, just a comfy 350whp with good drivability and reliability.

Speedlimit...
Old Feb 14, 2004, 04:10 PM

I really like ACT pressure plates but i am scared of the stories about the center splines on the discs being too weak. I have seen and heard of numerous cars that strip out the center spline on the disc, and ruin the tranny input shaft. The last thing i want to to try to have to buy a new tranny.