Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bad Clutch kit and Clutch Padel Stuck (Need Help !!! )

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Bad Clutch kit and Clutch Padel Stuck (Need Help !!! )

I recently Installed eClutchmaster Stage III (6 Puc ) Clutch Kit on my Evolution VIII RS. and I did a break in of 500 Km. After the Break in I did a 6500 RPM shift and it was Ok. When I revved Upto 7000+ RPM then the Clutch padel Got stuck. There was a bad Noise when i shifted at redline. I thought It might be the OEM mounts but my friend (pretty Expert on EVOs ) says that It is the Gear Pinion that got hurt Badly. Anyways When i opened the GearBox I found that the Release Bearing's Lock Pin was the problem. Now I've decided to go for Exedy Organic HD. Now My Question is
1.What is the problem ?? Clutch kit or installation ?
2.Can I use EXEDY Clutch kit on eClutchmaster Flywheel? ( I knew that all the Flywheels are same )
3. I got an Used EXEDY Hyper single Clutch with pressure plate. Should I install an Used Clutch?
4.Which Clutch shud I go for If I'm targeting 350AWHP and Same amount of torque .. EXEDY Organic HD/Hyper Single/ Twin Disc ??
I would be happy to get the answers of my questions.. I'm really in trouble !
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:14 PM

1. Not every clutch kit is gonna be perfect, kinda ****ty but it could be the kit

2. I BELIEVE you can use whatever clutch you want with any flywheel, they all connect together in the end

3. nothing wrong with a used clutch, just check for cracks, get a sensitive measuring tool, cant think of the name, but it will tell you how specific in mm the thickness is, I would find out how thick the clutch is brand new, then compare it with what it is now, before putting it in.

4. youd be fine with the organic clutch, but if you want to get more power in the future, itd be safer to put a better one in there.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by 93rx7fd
1. Not every clutch kit is gonna be perfect, kinda ****ty but it could be the kit

2. I BELIEVE you can use whatever clutch you want with any flywheel, they all connect together in the end

3. nothing wrong with a used clutch, just check for cracks, get a sensitive measuring tool, cant think of the name, but it will tell you how specific in mm the thickness is, I would find out how thick the clutch is brand new, then compare it with what it is now, before putting it in.

4. youd be fine with the organic clutch, but if you want to get more power in the future, itd be safer to put a better one in there.
Thanks 93rx7fd for such a quick reply. I'm thinking to buy Exedy stage II Cerametallic Clutch Kit Heavy Duty (4 PUC) .Which One is better? 3 Puc or 4 Puc?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Get a clutch fork stop from STM or MAP.