Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forward Facing Manifolds.. Simple Guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is an awesome thread. I am doing research for a FF kit right now and having all of this in one place really helps. I def want to run a filter, and keep my A/C. So as of now I'm looking at ToxicFab and JDL. Also really hoping the guy making the custom PnP A/C kits starts selling on here. That would great lol.

Subscribed!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He has plans too. I've always said if someone makes a PnP setup that was not really expensive they would make a good deal of money. Lack of AC is usually the deal breaker for most who research.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The reality of it, in my mind at least, is by the time you actually "need" a forward facing kit running A/C really isn't a concern. You are going to cut your radiator size in half, your condenser in half, expect the a/c to work correctly and the radiator to still cool the car.

Personally, the FF kits I think are meant for a point you are trying to get every last ounce out of the car for power and weight.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by David Buschur
The reality of it, in my mind at least, is by the time you actually "need" a forward facing kit running A/C really isn't a concern. You are going to cut your radiator size in half, your condenser in half, expect the a/c to work correctly and the radiator to still cool the car.

Personally, the FF kits I think are meant for a point you are trying to get every last ounce out of the car for power and weight.
Unfortunately with evo owners, it's become a fad, and to look cool.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ronnie Size
Unfortunately with evo owners, it's become a fad, and to look cool.
If you aren't drag racing or tracking the car half the stuff we do to our cars fit that description.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 09:27 PM

Wow! I'm happy I found this thread! Especially when I'm a noob haha and now looking into a turbo. What kit do you guys recommend for a standard placement turbo?

Last edited by Evo_D; Apr 19, 2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Perhaps this was already mentioned, but you should also include the price with each kit.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Craig King
Perhaps this was already mentioned, but you should also include the price with each kit.
I thought about that and was going too, but decided against it because pricing can change so much between options and negotiating
Old Apr 22, 2013, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by alex_s817
There are a lot of good kits out there. Do you have an idea of what kind of power you are wanting to make? Stock flange turbo? Daily driver? Let us know and someone can help to steer you in the right direction
Well I'd like to be in the 450 range if possible. And if i wasn't looking into a stock flange turbo I'd be looking into a precision turbo. But idk which one I'd go with to get me to that 450 mark, I don't wanna over do it and buy some big turbo that'll get me to my goal yet cause me a lot of turbo lag. And yes it's currently a daily driver/daily warrior haha.

Current mods:

-Kelford 272's
-fic 1050's
-walboro 255
-Short route uicp w/ synapse diverted valve
-ets licp
-aem short ram intake

I do still need to buy an intercooler.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

edited for some updates

*added known LICP info (but as stated at the top about asking, I'm sure most of them CAN/WILL make a LICP for their manifold if you ask).. deleted AWD FF, not a single bit of info on that one from anybody or even from AWD themselves.

Last edited by XSilverJ; Apr 3, 2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 08:17 PM

will any of these fit the 9180 efr?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

I've just purchased a JDL auto design forward facing hot parts kit and wow what a beautiful peice of kit .
Old Apr 4, 2014, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Let me know if you want to run AC with that!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...et-up-f-s.html
Old Apr 8, 2014, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should add Sheepey to the list. They make some quality stuff. I'm looking to go forward facing myself with a fully functional A/C.

I just don't know which kit to purchase.. so confused... Some of the prices when compared to others are mind-boggling, and I know it's not an issue with quality.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Faisalm
You should add Sheepey to the list. They make some quality stuff. I'm looking to go forward facing myself with a fully functional A/C.

I just don't know which kit to purchase.. so confused... Some of the prices when compared to others are mind-boggling, and I know it's not an issue with quality.
I contacted them when they first released their kit. They were excited I contacted them and said they'd get back to me with all the info but never did, so whoever has the info or wants to tell them to get a hold of me it'd be greatly appreciated

I've seen I'd say most of these kits in person, and a few of them from the inside out.. some are definitley better quality than others, fitment and finish wise

Last edited by XSilverJ; Apr 8, 2014 at 05:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Forward Facing Manifolds.. Simple Guide