Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Why cant i hold 20psi?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2004, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by XRS-Lift
its an autometer guage. I have it tapped in where the instructions recommended. It starts to taper after 5000 rpm and by 7000 its prettymuch dropped 3.8 psi. the line to the mbc is comming from the wastegate actuator.
Being vague isn't going to help anyone solve your problem. Specifically, where is your gauge tapped? I hope the line from the MBC is going to the wastegate actuator, but where does the line to the MBC originate?

I love asking the same questions twice...
Old Mar 12, 2004, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

ive been reading around and i came to the conclusion that my aftermarket o2 housing may be the problem for my boost drop.....i think the waste gate is letting out too much exhaust for it to keep boost up......so i guess i have to wait to put my gt turbo in to get a external waste gate so i can hold boost......my car in the past held 20 till redline but also since i put the o2 housing in its been dropping a pound but w/e i like the quicker spooling from the o2housing any ways......its just some thing that i will have to deal with........your not gonna die from boost drop and you wont blow your motor .......so w/e
Old Mar 12, 2004, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My mbc spikes at 22-23 then drops to 20-21 . I think you will allways have a spike as soon as bost hits . If you rev it slow up to 6k then punch it dose it still spike ? I also thimking thats how Buscher set up there evo not on spike psi but on hold psi ( ie finshline at the 1/4 mark) . A friend of mine has the txs dual boost control and it dose the same thing.......
Old Mar 12, 2004, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by EvolvedDSM

Being vague isn't going to help anyone solve your problem. Specifically, where is your gauge tapped? I hope the line from the MBC is going to the wastegate actuator, but where does the line to the MBC originate?

I love asking the same questions twice...
Sorry im not a mechanic. Its been a long time since i installed the guage and mbc and im not sure what all the names of the parts of the engine are. i would have to go back and look at it to remember correctly. I mentioned all i could remember.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by XRS-Lift

Sorry im not a mechanic. Its been a long time since i installed the guage and mbc and im not sure what all the names of the parts of the engine are. i would have to go back and look at it to remember correctly. I mentioned all i could remember.
Well, I would hate to have you ask to leave your computer and actually get out there and make an effort, so I guess there's no helping you further. Just stay there and keep your seat warm and maybe somebody will magically appear and fix your car for you.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Works P2 flash - 19-20psi all the way to 7500 rpm, stock BOV, ambient temperature around 75 degrees, WOT, no exhaust mods.

Autometer boost gauge.

Are you sure you are WOT till redline?
Old Mar 14, 2004, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

ya im sure. Im getting a dynoflash in a couple weeks anyway but i just wanted to find out what was causing it in the first place.

To EvolvedDSM

you need to stop being such a know it all ***** and relax. I cant go to my car because its in the dealership having its syncros replaced due to a faulty 5th geear syncro that woulc cause it to grind at high rpm shifts.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

I also get boost spikes and boost taper. I have an mbc, Dynoflash, and full 3" exhaust. I taper down about 3 psi as the rpm's rise.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by broeli
I also get boost spikes and boost taper. I have an mbc, Dynoflash, and full 3" exhaust. I taper down about 3 psi as the rpm's rise.
well thats no good. Im goona have a full 3'' exhaust and a dynoflash and mbc too. hopefully Al can tell me what the heck is going on when i see him
Old Mar 15, 2004, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

Go for a good EBC.. trust me... TurboSmart is the way to go.. go to http:/www.turbosmart.com.au