Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS or ETS FMIC?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2013, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RichieVegasIX
Your right ams is never here to back up their products anymore. I think they only into the Gt-R forum.
Exactly. If AMS spent a little time on our forum their products would still be considered best of the very best. Either way OP, you can't go wrong. I just shelled out the extra cash on the AMS because I knew at the time it was the best of the very best and personally I think it looks a lot better. I also run an AMS fuel rail and will have their intake manifold very soon, I like to keep most of my parts from them but again wouldn't hesitate on ETS. I can't waaaait to get the ETS short route uicp.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 06:25 AM

I can't speak much about AMS as I only have one of their parts (balance shift delete) and I also agree with RichieVegasIX and PatricksEvilEvo as far as needing a better presence here. I highly highly recommend ETS though. Michael and the ETS crew has been nothing but awesome. I have have an ETS 4 incher and one of their full twin scroll T4 turbo kits on my car along with their upper and lower pipping and the fit and finish is amazing. They answered all my questions very quickly, even the long drawn out ones before I purchased anything from them. I do only have one complaint... They are on the west coast making ship times longer to me on the east coast ha!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by __pg
I can't speak much about AMS as I only have one of their parts (balance shift delete) and I also agree with RichieVegasIX and PatricksEvilEvo as far as needing a better presence here. I highly highly recommend ETS though. Michael and the ETS crew has been nothing but awesome. I have have an ETS 4 incher and one of their full twin scroll T4 turbo kits on my car along with their upper and lower pipping and the fit and finish is amazing. They answered all my questions very quickly, even the long drawn out ones before I purchased anything from them. I do only have one complaint... They are on the west coast making ship times longer to me on the east coast ha!
HAHA I have the same exact compaint!! But it still doesnt stop me from buying their products
Old Mar 7, 2013, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kind of upset i got the injen intake and replacement i/c piping now..
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mykep83
Ya I was the same way, I had injen full piping but now got ets and I honestly can feel the defference and the fitment is just way better.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RichieVegasIX
Your right ams is never here to back up their products anymore. I think they only into the Gt-R forum.
We are definitely still here to back up our products and the results speak for themselves. I personal still spend a decent amount of time on this board sending PMs and answering them daily on AMS product.

It is true that we don't have the same presence here that we use to but we are still making and selling many Evo 8/9/X products daily. We are also here to serve the community and answer any questions that you may have.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rawger
Ya I was the same way, I had injen full piping but now got ets and I honestly can feel the defference and the fitment is just way better.
Im not sure what im going to do, Im in portland today and am going to cruise up to ets in an hour to check out their shop. my injen **** has not shipped yet but we will see. I ultimately plan to get as much **** from ets over the next year I can. hhmmmm maybe ill take a loss on the injen if someone else wants it.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Both companies are Great either one you pick would work, Personally I've used ETS products on both my car's. They've been really helpful & backed up every single thing they sell!

& consider what brand intake/uicp/licp etc your going to go with its best to make sure you find a complete setup you like from one company
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:24 AM

i got the ets intercooler, had it made with a garrett core. In my opinion it is the best one you can get for the price.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:27 AM

Im not sure what im going to do, Im in portland today and am going to cruise up to ets in an hour to check out their shop. my injen **** has not shipped yet but we will see. I ultimately plan to get as much **** from ets over the next year I can. hhmmmm maybe ill take a loss on the injen if someone else wants it.
I'm jealous you can just cruise by. I'd personally high five everyone working there.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
high fives for everyone! Better get your hand ready because that's 16 high fives lol.

Michael
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by __pg
I'm jealous you can just cruise by. I'd personally high five everyone working there.
Ha yea... no just a cruise by it was about 300 mile journey over there. was hoping for more of a show room buuuuuuuuttttt I was completely impressed with the walk around I got through the shop. The quality I saw was amazing. PROPS TO ETS
the two gtrs were sweet and the supra on the lift looked like it was ready for something illegal lol.

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
high fives for everyone! Better get your hand ready because that's 16 high fives lol.

Michael
Michael: thanks to whoever gave me the walk around today, I was in town and wanted to see the shop, it was awesome you guys come highly recommended from Dustin at nip n tuk in utah, and I will be recommending everyone I can.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 08:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Ha yea... no just a cruise by it was about 300 mile journey over there. was hoping for more of a show room buuuuuuuuttttt I was completely impressed with the walk around I got through the shop. The quality I saw was amazing. PROPS TO ETS
the two gtrs were sweet and the supra on the lift looked like it was ready for something illegal lol.

Michael: thanks to whoever gave me the walk around today, I was in town and wanted to see the shop, it was awesome you guys come highly recommended from Dustin at nip n tuk in utah, and I will be recommending everyone I can.

Hahaha.. Thanks man. That was Robert. He is one of our new sales guys. The gun metal GT-R has a kit on it capable of putting down over 1350whp and a 4.1L stroker. It's ready to have fun as well. The Supra did put down 1000whp through a 4L80E automatic transmission. We are prepping the silver one now for an even bigger build. The Evo's are at the other shop right now.. we just don't have the room here We are full manufacturing as you can see haha. 15 guys in the shop getting busy.

Michael
Old Mar 8, 2013, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Hahaha.. Thanks man. That was Robert. He is one of our new sales guys. The gun metal GT-R has a kit on it capable of putting down over 1350whp and a 4.1L stroker. It's ready to have fun as well. The Supra did put down 1000whp through a 4L80E automatic transmission. We are prepping the silver one now for an even bigger build. The Evo's are at the other shop right now.. we just don't have the room here We are full manufacturing as you can see haha. 15 guys in the shop getting busy.

Michael
for sure, I like what I saw. my mr is missing 6th right now... stupid synchro so im looking to get that fixed first then comes your guy's goodies. though it needs an exhaust baaaaad so might have to move the money over for your exhaust. I was really blown away at the quality especially the evo x down pipe. it looked really good. seems like a great laid back shop with quality in mind. I cant wait and admittedly my wife cannot wait to start throwing your catalog at our car. again thanks for the walk through, Im in hopes to swing by again soon. maybe a trip back out to get the exhaust.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

You do 2 minutes of research and anyone will find that Injen piping (for the evos at least) suck.

Quick Reply: AMS or ETS FMIC?