Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS or ETS FMIC?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea we will see. its something temporary while i get the tranny fixed. still ultimately going to go with ets f/m with piping
Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by PatricksEvilEvo
You do 2 minutes of research and anyone will find that Injen piping (for the evos at least) suck.
while I dont discredit this. injen has been a good company for all parts i have put on. I have installed this on another evo and the customer did not have any problems. that being said it was something to get started with the car, as I have my own business I am hands on and like to see the parts and them working to the best of my abilities,
I have also said that once I get the tranny done then me and ets are going to get intimate with their catalog. as I realize that the injen equipment is not the best route when I move to serious power.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mykep83
Im not sure what im going to do, Im in portland today and am going to cruise up to ets in an hour to check out their shop. my injen **** has not shipped yet but we will see. I ultimately plan to get as much **** from ets over the next year I can. hhmmmm maybe ill take a loss on the injen if someone else wants it.
Honestly just get rid of the injen now, get what you can and send it on ets piping and intake. trust me I had it and now have ets and haven't looked back at all. This is from someone that had injen and regret waisting my money, just do it right once so you font have to spend even more money later.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Rawger
Honestly just get rid of the injen now, get what you can and send it on ets piping and intake. trust me I had it and now have ets and haven't looked back at all. This is from someone that had injen and regret waisting my money, just do it right once so you font have to spend even more money later.
what specifically was wrong with the injen products? im a dealer for them (mods im not soliciting) so input would be helpful. like i said the last evo was happy. but i was waiting to do ets when i did the full i/c upgrade after i finf a tranny any input helps

Last edited by mykep83; Mar 9, 2013 at 06:27 AM. Reason: add thought
Old Mar 9, 2013, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

ets i have there 4 ic love it .
Old Mar 9, 2013, 07:11 AM

^ thats kind of my plan is to go for the 4" setup with piping. the injen piping seemed like it was a good "mild" upgrade until I can get all the components i need. i want their exhaust and i/c, piping, and new manifold to start.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mykep83
what specifically was wrong with the injen products? im a dealer for them (mods im not soliciting) so input would be helpful. like i said the last evo was happy. but i was waiting to do ets when i did the full i/c upgrade after i finf a tranny any input helps
Well first I have nothing against injen, the piping were a good but only recommend it to someone that just want basic bolt on and not aiming for big hp. But what I didn't like about the piping was that the licp popped off on me more then a couple times on full boost, and the bends to the ic weren't that great just didn't bend straight into the ic where ets does. And the thing I love the most of ets licp is that the hole thing is 2.5 " from j pipe to ic where injen wasn't. Ya injen is better then stock piping and intake but I just rather spend my money at the beginning with ets or ams, with ets piping and intake I got way better results, response ,and spool then I did from injen. Again not saying ther kit is crap I just wouldn't buy it again now knowing what I know now.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
The main problem with the injen piping is the lower intercooler pipe. The lower intercooler pipe diameter is smaller than 2.0" around a bend which is really bad for exhaust flow and it casues excess back pressure from the get go instead of using full 2.5" piping like we do.

Thanks,

Michael
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
+1

You can cheap out on the rest of the piping (if on a budget) but a quality LICP will make all the difference in the world.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ETS Michael
The main problem with the injen piping is the lower intercooler pipe. The lower intercooler pipe diameter is smaller than 2.0" around a bend which is really bad for exhaust flow and it casues excess back pressure from the get go instead of using full 2.5" piping like we do.

Thanks,

Michael
You guys running exhaust thru your intercoolers now? :-)

Btw, I have your 5inch cooler and love it.

Last edited by way2qik; Mar 11, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Uh, yea. of course you do. Where the hell have you been?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The choice is obvious, ETS is still supporting our platform while AMS has moved on. I would choose to support ETS.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Functionally there does not seem to be a difference - they both seem to make very similar power. I do like the ETS LICP design but I also like the cast end tanks on the AMS cooler.

TommiM has a point. BTW I got ETS on my car and am very happy w/ it.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by way2qik
You guys running exhaust thru your intercoolers now? :-)

Btw, I have your 5inch cooler and love it.

Someone put in work on the polishing!

Love the 5.0" intercoolers Go big or go home right?! haha

Michael
Old Mar 15, 2013, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael

Thanks,

Michael
I installed the injen set up, I do have to say that it was a little daunting to see the l.i.c. was that size. everything else I was happy with, fitment and what not but I plan to order exhaust and piping and battery kit begin of next month.

Quick Reply: AMS or ETS FMIC?