Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Boost gauge install

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2004, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost gauge install

So i have gotten my def-link boost gauge installed, and it looks freakin sweet. I am however a bit concerned. When I WOT the gauge sweeps all the way up 21 psi sometimes....sometimes to 19.5 psi where it is supposed to be on my car stock(my car is stock), or somewhere in between. I want to have dead accurate reading, especially for when I start fine tuning, boost, and other mods. So...Is anyone else having similar probs?, Is my car actually hitting 21 psi occasionally when I WOT?, Is my boost gauge defective/broken/uncalibrated? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2004, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

My car was doing the same before I had the dynoflash done. Now it hits 19 everytime , never above.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Manual boost controller or ECU dynoflash can help but . Everyone is noticing some boost spikes but they dont seem to maintain and the complete gone with manual boost controller or adjustments with the electronic units.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Some evos spike higher than others from the factory. You got one of the freak ones.