Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Motor mount insight plz!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2013, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also curious which ones you went with and how it will turn out to your liking. Mine had all stock mounts and bushings. Installed a Minerva front mount (for sale) to get rid of a bit of slop. Seemed to help, but wasn't happy with the extra vibration at idle, esp. with the AC on. Filled the stock mount with PU and reinstalled after about 3K mi with the Minerva. Was much happier without the vibration. Seemed some slop came back after a few months. I hadn't done the best job filling the mount, and the PU was coming out. Just installed a Megan mount. I've only driven it a couple of days, but I think I'll be happier with how it drives. The vibration at idle is fine with AC off, but a bit much with it on. Which got me thinking, what do most of you guys have your idle set at? I believe mine is set at 1000, and indicates about 950. If I add a bit of gas to bring the idle to about 1000-1050, it smooths out nicely. I may just change that so it idles higher.
Old May 18, 2013, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Most guys with lobey cams set their idle around 1200. Seems to be the sweet spot for idle vibrations and roughness.
Old May 18, 2013, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
No expert here but what about an engine dampener? Easy bolt on, that you can adjust. I didn't like the sloppiness of the engine, but wanted to try and control how much NVH came into the cabin. Just a thought.
Old May 18, 2013, 09:45 PM

engine damper was ok, didnt do to much for me. I wish I save the 100$ and just put that towards better monts. I have the innovative kit coming in soon. They have a 65a kit as well as 75 and 85 i believe
Old May 19, 2013, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by welshevo
engine damper was ok, didnt do to much for me. I wish I save the 100$ and just put that towards better monts. I have the innovative kit coming in soon. They have a 65a kit as well as 75 and 85 i believe
Do you know if you get hardware included with the street kit? Innovative website says the street kit is a 60a
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:57 AM

I actually ended up going with megans for both side mounts.....cleaned up a lot of slop and i literally have no extra vibrations.......with that being said i think that i need to change the rear mount now as well since the other mounts are so stiff i feel as if im getting slop from the only non aftermarket mount.....if that makes sense.

but as for the megans, very nice looking fit and finish, fit was great, installed both sides by myself in the garage no issues, def felt a difference, and no vibrations
Old Aug 24, 2013, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

If my factory mounts go, I'm purchasing Ralliart inserts to replace the factory ones. Ralliart inserts are also rubber compound but alot stronger then factory, vibration is increased but I reckon they will still maintain that comfort for daily compared to any type of solid.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

i have had solid mounts on my last car and then changed to a set of inovative omunts and loved life. i habe the tq solutions mounts in my evo ant there not as bad as teh boomba solid mounts but wish inovative would make mounts for the evo.