Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: Which do u prefer?
Works P2 Brain ecu upgrade $600
20.79%
Vishnu Xflash ECU upgrade $400
23.43%
Dynoflash Ecu Upgrade $200
55.78%
Voters: 303. You may not vote on this poll

Owners of Xflash/DynoFlash/WorksP2 plz read

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2004, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Owners of Xflash/DynoFlash/WorksP2 plz read

AS most of you know, i very much regret ever letting Al from dynoflash ANYWHERE NEAR my car.

Last edited by XRS-Lift; Aug 28, 2004 at 01:30 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Al does know his stuff... I say go DynoFlash all the way....
Old Feb 20, 2004, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

I got the fireball 1 dynoflash from AL. It's awesome. I cant wait until I get the dp and EBC!!! Dynoflash bro and use the extra money for the greddy profec B II!!! Peace..

P.S with the EBC, you wont need the boost gauge!!! Save some money there too. If you get the P2, you'll need a boost gauge.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 12:19 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

It would be wrong for me to comment on the Works & Vishnu flash as I have no first hand knowledge of them. However, I can comment on the DynoFlash because it's what I run in my car and I couldn't be happier with it.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 12:41 PM
slt
Evolved Member

I picked up the Works P2 but I think the only thing it does better than the dynoflash is drain your wallet.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Why not,

Take the 600 fior the P2 get a Dyno flash, an EBC or MBC, and a buscher intake? would that or some similar combination not make the most power of the three?
Old Feb 20, 2004, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did Dynoflash. Good sheeit
Old Feb 20, 2004, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Dynoflash is DYNOMITE
Old Feb 20, 2004, 12:52 PM

All the info I've seen says they're about the same. Why not save the cash and put it into your next mod?
Old Feb 20, 2004, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

thats what i gathered. THanks guys
Old Feb 20, 2004, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

No brainer. Dynoflash. Better deal and yields the same or better results. I think WORKS dropped the ball. They are overpriced, have seen no dynosheets to prove their product and you have to disassemble your car for the P2 ungrade. Do a dynoflash and get A MBC with the money you saved. I don't see 40 HP for through the mail service on any of these.

Oh, forget. We're trying to get Al to come back to So Cal soon for custom tunes. Check out the thread in the Dynoflash forum. We already have the 5 cars he needs to fly out here.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

I think the Dynoflash is not only a great bang for the buck but the best bang for the buck. Although I have the WORKS p2 flash, which is costly, if I had to do it over, I think I will go with the Dynoflash and save the money for other mods. Unless there is something in the P2 that the other flash doesn't have, it really doesn't justify the $600. It seem like paying 3 times for something when you can get it for way less. I like WORKS and all, but I guess I am not seeing how the p2 can be $400 differnt then from the Dynoflash. Just my opinion.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 01:21 PM

WORKS

Seeing as all three make similar claims, I had to go with background---only one has an engineering degree, and spent 8 years working on ECU's at a well known BMW tuner that starts with a D and ends with an N. Is the price difference worth it to you? Don't know, but for me, it was a more comfortable decision knowing the background...this is not to imply the other two products are bad or anything, but if I was going to have surgery I would hope the doctor went to the best med school, know what I mean?
Old Feb 20, 2004, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Dynoflash
Old Feb 20, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by KevCon
WORKS

Seeing as all three make similar claims, I had to go with background---only one has an engineering degree, and spent 8 years working on ECU's at a well known BMW tuner that starts with a D and ends with an N. Is the price difference worth it to you? Don't know, but for me, it was a more comfortable decision knowing the background...this is not to imply the other two products are bad or anything, but if I was going to have surgery I would hope the doctor went to the best med school, know what I mean?
As for my 2 cents on this, I'd say go with Dynoflash on cost. Experience does come into play, and of the group both Works with the Dinan connection which I had not known of, and Shiv in his work on the Subarus, have solid reputations. However, Al in his own right has personally pushed the limits of the 4g63 and has a number of respected DSM tuners in his corner in Pruven and Bushur. With a detuned through the mail flash I find Al's method of tuning to be both safe, proven and effective for the cost. A/F ratios in the mid 10s from what ive read about his base flash along with a mild timing adjustment without any desensitization of the knock sensor makes his product very attractive. My understanding is that Works; and Vishnu's offerings rely more on leaning out the mixture and boost increases which is an equally effective approach. All three are great tuners in the evo scene and im sure youll be happy with any of the above.

Quick Reply: Owners of Xflash/DynoFlash/WorksP2 plz read