Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Down Pipe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur Down Pipe

Hey guys I have a quick question.

I bought this down pipe used a few days ago. Didn't come with hardware or anything, just tr DP it self. I reused my test pipe gasket and bolts, that was fine, I also got bolts for the hangers and that was fine. But my question is, should I use a gasket from the 02 housing to the down pipe? I had to remove the stock doughnut gasket and now I'm gasketless lol. Also, I reused te stock spring bolts, is that correct? I got them pretty tight but there's still play in the springs. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
why did you remove the donut gasket? just put it in there and tighten that ***** down. stock unit should be fine, also never should have popped off from your o2 housing lol.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

now when you get an aftermarket o2 housing sometimes the donut gasket needs to be trimmed in the center
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ZanarkO
why did you remove the donut gasket? just put it in there and tighten that ***** down. stock unit should be fine, also never should have popped off from your o2 housing lol.
You are not supposed to use the donut gasket for the Buschur downpipe.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:50 AM

Doughnut gasket doesn't fit. I also did a quick search before installing. Doughnut gasket removes easily and is replacable.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:52 AM

I have a spare 3" gasket but I dot want to use it yet until I find out if I need different bolts for the DP to the 02 housing. Those spring bolts don't seem like they're connecting the two pipes together very snug and I'm almost sure I can hear a leak. And like I said before I torqued them down very tight but the springs on the bolts are still loose.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

The spring bolts are too long. I found out that you can order up a set of these http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...turbo_bolt.htm and they work great. Good luck
Old Jun 18, 2013, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by matrho2792
The spring bolts are too long. I found out that you can order up a set of these http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...turbo_bolt.htm and they work great. Good luck
Thank you for your help, appreciate it bro. I'm going to call Buschur today.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Well maybe Im wrong so Im assuming it runs a 2 bolt flange gasket then?

Last edited by ZanarkO; Jun 18, 2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 05:25 PM

Well maybe Im wrong so Im assuming it runs a 2 bolt flange gasket then?
I don't know of any companies that require you to modify your stock gasket in order to have their product fit properly. There's no use for your input in this thread thanks for trying
Old Jun 18, 2013, 05:32 PM

I called Buschur this morning and Nick answered. To say the least, his costumer service was unsatisfactory. I hung up feeling empty. He pretty much told me that they sell the hardware kit for $49! Talk about swindled. I asked for te thread pitch and he said he can't remember it off the top of his head. That's fine I understand that. But he was rushing me off the phone. So now I have to wait for the weekend, take the bolts off and have them fitted at a hardware store. Thanks for all those who tried helping. Ill post thread pitch later for reference
Old Jun 18, 2013, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea, the buschur dp doesnt use the stock donut gasket. It just uses a standard two bolt gasket. Actually, you dont need a gasket really. I use the copper high temp gasket maker for my downpipe to o2 housing. Never had any problem with leaks, never used a gasket there. Then just grab you some bolts. I wanna say they are m8x1.25, but im not 100% on that.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by tsidrift1
Yea, the buschur dp doesnt use the stock donut gasket. It just uses a standard two bolt gasket. Actually, you dont need a gasket really. I use the copper high temp gasket maker for my downpipe to o2 housing. Never had any problem with leaks, never used a gasket there. Then just grab you some bolts. I wanna say they are m8x1.25, but im not 100% on that.
Thanks bro! Yeah Nick from Buschur said that it doesn't use gaskets, he might have ment on the full turbo back. Well, I'm going to homedept an buying that size anyways, if they don't fit it's only like $1 loss.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by tsidrift1
I wanna say they are m8x1.25, but im not 100% on that.
You are correct sir, thank you again. For Buschur down pipe to stock 02 housing, unused a M10-1.25 and it was 40mm in length. Also added a washer. About to test drive it but the bolts gave it a good bond compared to the stock spring bolts.

Edit: you are semi correct. Not M8 but M10 is the size. I think the 1.25 is the diameter no? If then, then yes you are correct. I'm not so good with bolt sizes.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Buschur downpipe doesn't use a gasket which is pretty stupid if you ask me, I've searched and found plenty of people with leaks. I had a leak as well which threw my wideband off at idle. I found this gasket that somebody on the forums was using and it works perfectly, it's a round crush seal gasket for a catalytic converter on a mazda, havn't had a leak since.

http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/pr...N3H140305.html

Quick Reply: Buschur Down Pipe