Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Car goes very rich totally randomly...?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car goes very rich totally randomly...?

Guys,

Just got the car back together and running. The last time I drove it, it would go very rich (peg the wideband at 10.0), and spit/sputter/stall, eventually clear up, and randomly repeat.

Boost leak check was fine, no problems with the IAC, wiring looks good, etc. I was able to reproduce the problem by disconnecting one of the connectors to the COP (thus killing 2 coils).

I also put my friends stock igniton on the car, and it did not show any symptoms of the problem.

I ordered new coils for the COP, will replace the plugs and do a thourgh wiring harness inspection. Just curious if anyone could think of anything else to check? I logged it while it was doing it, and everything looked 'fine' on the log (meaning the TPS/timing/etc was not going haywire during the rich parts).

Thanks
Travis
Old Jun 25, 2013, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the short term fuel trim is resetting. This happens when it maxes out. Log it. If it goes to -20 or more then you have an issue or need a tune.