Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Question about gauge and stock vacuum hose hose

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2004, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about gauge and stock vacuum hose hose

My greddy 60mm boost gauge didn't come with a hose to replace the factory "short line" on the passenger side of the manifold. It works ok with the stock one spliced, but it looks as if it is going to pop from being stretched over the t splitter. What kind of hose should I use to replace the factory line?

Last edited by bluevilevo8; Feb 23, 2004 at 09:16 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

ttt
Old Feb 23, 2004, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

i dont have the greddy, but I used the stock one. split it and tied the ends on the y connector with the little zip-ties found in any computer parts store.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

This is what I did as well, but the greddy t splitter has ridges (so you don’t need zip ties), and stretches the stock hose to the brink of bursting. I don't want to be left stranded in the middle of nowhere because of a preventable vacuum leak. I was wondering if someone could recommend a better hose to use for the job, and where to get it.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Oh, and one more thing. Do you guys use the cheap t splitters that come with the gauge? Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by bluevilevo8
I don't want to be left stranded in the middle of nowhere because of a preventable vacuum leak.
Go to your local auto parts store and buy a 12" length of vacuum hose that matches the one you've spliced. Shouldn't cost more than a buck or two. Put it somewhere in the car. If the hose ever blows apart and can't be put back together, you've got a spare hose -- you'll lose your gauge functionality, but hey, it's just a quick fix until you can do it right.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by jbrennen

Go to your local auto parts store and buy a 12" length of vacuum hose that matches the one you've spliced. Shouldn't cost more than a buck or two. Put it somewhere in the car. If the hose ever blows apart and can't be put back together, you've got a spare hose -- you'll lose your gauge functionality, but hey, it's just a quick fix until you can do it right.
Good idea. I really think you'd only need a 6" length hose no? Anyway, I'm going to try and get my hands on more trust vacum line, as the line running from the t to the sender is top quality. I might even have enough hose to cut it from the existing line.