Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Exedy twin wont go in gear & ACT monoloc vs stock clip

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2013, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exedy twin wont go in gear & ACT monoloc vs stock clip

I have a 2006 MR..

So i installed an exedy twin disk and it would not disengage (will not go in gear when engine is running). I did the proper bleeding and clutch adjustment etc (I had the rod adjusted all the way out where there is no more visible thread and it would go into 1-4th but no reverse, but wheels still spin when the clutch is depressed). Upon further investigation, my buddy said that the wave spring on the clip looked pretty loose. So I got tired of bleeding and adjusting and pulled the tranny out again. Then i compared the ACT monoloc and the stock clip.. Heres the vid of what i found

Is anyone else here using the new ACT monoloc and is this normal for it to have this much play?

P.S.

Is this required for all exedy twins? http://www.jackstransmissions.com/pa...clutch-warning

and I still have the stock clutch lines, Is the SS clutch line and pill delete mandatory for exedy twins?

any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!
Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to know the answer to this too. Deciding if to rebuild my twin or just switch to ACT.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im not on a twin disk, but I did install a monoloc on my new clutch, comp stage 2. My wave springs had a bit more tension than yours. They didn't flop around as much as yours were doing. Idk, maybe this is an issue with multi disk clutches
Old Jul 31, 2013, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I have a pressure plate in my lap as I write this with a monoloc installed. There's no play in the wave springs. Also, for what it is worth, I notice that it takes about twice the normal pressure to snap the TOB into the monoloc.

Okay, thinking about this and looking again at your video, I'm assuming the original install was with the monoloc. Anyway, I don't know why but the monoloc doesn't look happy in that clutch.

Last edited by barneyb; Jul 31, 2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: added more useless comments
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
In for info

where is ACTman to answer info on this??
Old Aug 1, 2013, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor

PMed yesterday and further conversation today. Not sure why the wave washers would be loose, but shouldn't have any affect on his disengagement issue.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:08 AM

compared with another ACT clip, my springs was not as springy like the other one so i used different springs and fitted the clip back to the pressure plate.. it feels normal now, going to slap the transmission back in and see if it disengages now.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

keep us posted
Old Aug 5, 2013, 06:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Any updates with getting the Monoloc working?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

I'm about to order Monloc for my Exedy Twin HD, I'll update this thread with my findings.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

I just ordered the mono lock for my exedy triple HD today, now im kind of nervous about running it.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 01:11 PM

UPDATE: car goes in gear now when i swapped the wave springs.. but its still kinda notchy and driveable.. the rod is still maxed out in order for clutch to disengage. atleast i can get the car tuned now.. anyone else running a twin disk without the pill delete and ss clutch line?

i wouldnt worry about running the ACT clip, just make sure your spring does not loose tension like mine.. my clutch not disengaging is probably a combination of stuff wrong on my car which a springy spring fixed... even though my car only has 44k miles.. im doing the ss line next and go from there... im definitely not going to pull the tranny out again.. hopefully
Old Aug 6, 2013, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

I'm running twin without any of those and have no problems, goes in gear smooth at high rpm or low and never had a problem of it not disengaging.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by groundzero1v
UPDATE: car goes in gear now when i swapped the wave springs.. but its still kinda notchy and driveable.. the rod is still maxed out in order for clutch to disengage. atleast i can get the car tuned now.. anyone else running a twin disk without the pill delete and ss clutch line?

i wouldnt worry about running the ACT clip, just make sure your spring does not loose tension like mine.. my clutch not disengaging is probably a combination of stuff wrong on my car which a springy spring fixed... even though my car only has 44k miles.. im doing the ss line next and go from there... im definitely not going to pull the tranny out again.. hopefully

So it's probably something else and not the clip right?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by silverevo05
So it's probably something else and not the clip right?
Yup, but when i replaced the wave spring witht the tighter one, I was able to get it in gear. but theres definitely something else wrong with it since my rod is just all the way out and my discs are still within spec. So its safe to say that you can rule out that the clip is sill giving me problems..

Quick Reply: Exedy twin wont go in gear & ACT monoloc vs stock clip