Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bad Ignition Switch?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2013, 02:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bad Ignition Switch?

So a about a month back I went to start my car one day and it would sound like it was trying to start but it wouldn't start. It did it for that day then all the sudden just went away until today it started doing it again.

I think its the ignition switch because sometimes when I go to start it I just hear a click but no crank over or anything. But sometimes when I turn the steering wheel side to side or tap on the bottom of the steering column it starts right up and runs fine. Also sometimes after it just starts the Battery and the brake lights are on in the dash. Im thinking its the ignition switch because of these symptoms.
'
Anyone else have any similar experiences or know anything else this could be? I know its not fuel related because I can hear the fuel pump.

Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 03:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
evo's have an issue with the ignition switch... it turns very very slightly in its socket and wont allow it to make contact... there are a couple of write ups on here about how to fix it...
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok thanks I will try and look for them.