Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Cast Race Manifold for the 4G63

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013 | 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Would be interested in this mani if it helps FP red bb spool. More interested in spool and reliability for road race than increased HP.
Old Oct 16, 2013 | 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Don't think this has been mentioned or even asked yet, but what does the manifold weigh?

There are a lot of weight reduction ****** out there, and I imagine someone was going to ask it sooner or later...
Old Oct 17, 2013 | 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Don't think this has been mentioned or even asked yet, but what does the manifold weigh?

There are a lot of weight reduction ****** out there, and I imagine someone was going to ask it sooner or later...
I was wondering about that. The FP site shows a "shipping weight" of 18lbs which would put it 3-6 pounds heavier than stock from what I've seen. Not sure if or what that shipping weight adds on top of the mani, but I'd assume the FP mani will be the same weight or a tiny bit heavier than stock. FWIW, the MAP short runner is 5lbs lighter than the stocker.
Old Oct 17, 2013 | 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BriK
I was wondering about that. The FP site shows a "shipping weight" of 18lbs which would put it 3-6 pounds heavier than stock from what I've seen. Not sure if or what that shipping weight adds on top of the mani, but I'd assume the FP mani will be the same weight or a tiny bit heavier than stock. FWIW, the MAP short runner is 5lbs lighter than the stocker.
I ordered the FP mani yesterday, so if no one else does before me, I'll weigh it once it comes in. I imagine the FP mani will be slightly heavier than a stock manifold. I'm going to have the FP mani ported & coated as well...

ToxicFab's stock replacement is 2lbs+ lighter than a ported & coated stock manifold...
Old Oct 17, 2013 | 07:39 AM
chu
Evolved Member

I ordered the FP mani yesterday, so if no one else does before me, I'll weigh it once it comes in. I imagine the FP mani will be slightly heavier than a stock manifold. I'm going to have the FP mani ported & coated as well...

ToxicFab's stock replacement is 2lbs+ lighter than a ported & coated stock manifold...
BJ, is there any reason you want to replace the TF manifold for FP. TF is such a nice piece of engineering!
Old Oct 17, 2013 | 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chu
BJ, is there any reason you want to replace the TF manifold for FP. TF is such a nice piece of engineering!
Haha, well...Long story, but it's mostly due to my girl & I getting married Sept. of next year & hopefully moving shortly after that. I am going back to a stock turbo setup for a while & also consolidating my toys/vehicles/car parts...
Old Oct 17, 2013 | 08:14 AM
EvoM Community Team
Veteran: Navy

I'm going to have the FP mani ported & coated as well...
I was wondering if FP was going to already take manifold wall thickness into account with their design, thus alleviating the need for porting.
Old Oct 17, 2013 | 08:46 AM
EvoM Guru

... I'm going to have the FP mani ported & coated as well...
Its one thing to get the hotside ported on an FP turbo because its a stock casting, but isn't the FP manifold effectively already ported?
Old Oct 17, 2013 | 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by golgo13
I was wondering if FP was going to already take manifold wall thickness into account with their design, thus alleviating the need for porting.
Originally Posted by mrfred
Its one thing to get the hotside ported on an FP turbo because its a stock casting, but isn't the FP manifold effectively already ported?
If you go on FP's website, for an additional $95 they have the option for porting. If it is an option on their site I am assuming it can be ported. I was talking to Mr. Curt Brown about this yesterday & he said he still ports a good amount of FP DSM cast manifolds.

Not sure if this has been asked already or if Michael mentioned it & I missed it, but are the head flange & turbo flanges on the manifold gasket matched?.....
Old Oct 17, 2013 | 10:25 AM
EvoM Guru

The oem head isn't even gasket matched there's a lip there isnt there?
Old Oct 17, 2013 | 10:50 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Haha, well...Long story, but it's mostly due to my girl & I getting married Sept. of next year & hopefully moving shortly after that. I am going back to a stock turbo setup for a while & also consolidating my toys/vehicles/car parts...
Definitely understand that. I'm nearly in the same boat, which is one of the reasons I want to see the car.
Old Oct 18, 2013 | 05:31 AM

I ordered a fp black and the cast manifold, I was told the manifold won't be in till Nov. So I will have some VD graphs before and after and I wont touch the tune when manifold is swapped so we'll have an idea in hp.
Old Oct 18, 2013 | 10:54 AM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Navy

Nice
Old Oct 19, 2013 | 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

I must say this new FP cast manifold is almost a reason for me to get another Evo. I have one here I ported for the guys at TPG to test. Couple of things, 1. it will never crack! 2. the design is amazing, thick runner walls to hold in the heat, super nice collector area vs factory manifold. Once this thing is out I see no reason to run anything else. Good job FP as usual!
Old Oct 19, 2013 | 08:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by CBRE
I must say this new FP cast manifold is almost a reason for me to get another Evo. I have one here I ported for the guys at TPG to test. Couple of things, 1. it will never crack! 2. the design is amazing, thick runner walls to hold in the heat, super nice collector area vs factory manifold. Once this thing is out I see no reason to run anything else. Good job FP as usual!
I would think that driving a Subie would be enough to get you back into an Evo. I'm sure the manifold is great though. I'd be buying one if I didn't already have something good enough.

Quick Reply: FP Cast Race Manifold for the 4G63