Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Cast Race Manifold for the 4G63

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013 | 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Michael @ FP
Wow way to take someone's 3rd party words and misconstrue them.

If we believe there is a problem with the casting to the point where we believe they require porting to work properly then we will port them for free. This is not our first rodeo and we don't anticipate that they'll require porting for them to perform. However there's always a chance that we can extract a little bit more flow out by porting them and will offer it as a service. Casting is never an exact science and no matter the quality will almost always benefit from a little bit of finishing work.

If we get them and we don't think that porting will help then we won't port them and won't offer it. However if we believe there could be a gain by porting then we'll offer it.

The prototype that TPG had did have a core shift which allowed for a small over lap where it met the head and had to be ported to get rid of that issue. Those type of issues are why we do prototypes so we can fix issues before we decide to cast 500+ units.

-Michael
Exactly what I was thinking...pleasure doing business as usual with FP, thanks Mike...I ordered the BB Black from you today. Can't wait to get that baby in and on!
Old Nov 6, 2013 | 10:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evoloved
Since he chimed in to my post, I'm going to chime into yours. Who was hating on Fp I was stating the obvious. He reassured that if it needed fixing it will be fixed for free. Exactly what I Said should be done Point blank period. FP seems to be a stand up company! No hating here Bubba...
No hating? You jumped all over what is obviously a pre-production piece. I'm guessing you had a bad day and venting on the Internet made you feel better.

A cast piece is (obviously) never going to flow as well as one that is ported. How about you make a rant against Mitsubishi for producing cast cylinder heads that need to be ported to extract that last little bit of power? There was a Magnus cast intake that Curt Brown ported that was for sale a little bit ago. I think you should start a new thread about how ridiculous it is that Magnus created a piece that Curt needed to port
Old Nov 6, 2013 | 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

^ dang. Lol
Old Nov 6, 2013 | 11:25 AM
EvoM Community Team
Veteran: Navy

Name:  haters_zpse0418eb9.gif
Views: 0
Size:  369.9 KB
Old Nov 6, 2013 | 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Erik plays no games
Old Nov 6, 2013 | 08:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RSGuy
Erik plays no games
Sorry, I've done product development before only to have the peanut gallery poop all over it. So, after FP has put all this work into it, the last thing they wanna hear is some dude being a Debbie Downer. If you've ever put a lot of work into something and then put it out there, it's easy for critics to show up. But 99.9% of the time they're at home sitting on their hands not putting themselves out there. Secretly angry at themselves for not having the cojenes to step up. Then they pick up a keyboard and blast away.

Ok, rant over
Old Nov 6, 2013 | 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

I can't wait for my manifold and yes I'm choosing to have it ported.
Old Nov 6, 2013 | 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Was this ever done?
Originally Posted by batty200
Now they just need a 12cm twin scroll housing with an external wastegate cast into it that bolt's to a stock downpipe and the Bolton Turbo setup would be a no brainer like it is on a DSM now.
Old Nov 7, 2013 | 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
Sorry, I've done product development before only to have the peanut gallery poop all over it. So, after FP has put all this work into it, the last thing they wanna hear is some dude being a Debbie Downer. If you've ever put a lot of work into something and then put it out there, it's easy for critics to show up. But 99.9% of the time they're at home sitting on their hands not putting themselves out there. Secretly angry at themselves for not having the cojenes to step up. Then they pick up a keyboard and blast away.

Ok, rant over

I jumped all over no one I just stated that if you're gonna produce a part that needed fixing it should be fixed at your expense not the customer . As far as Mitsu is concerned they didn't try to produce an aftermarket cylinder head for the performance market so no complaints there, and Curt Brown Ports Everything I'm sure his Dish washer is ported.

Last edited by Evoloved; Nov 7, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2013 | 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evoloved
I jumped all over no one I just stated that if you're gonna produce a part that needed fixing it should be fixed at your expense not the customer .
You see nothing wrong. I see **** and vinegar. We'll have to agree to disagree.

It was a pre-production piece. End of story.

Last edited by Erik@MIL.SPEC; Nov 7, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2013 | 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Do we know when the manifolds are shipping? And how do I go about getting one of these Curt Brown ported dishwashers?
Old Nov 7, 2013 | 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frew
Do we know when the manifolds are shipping? And how do I go about getting one of these Curt Brown ported dishwashers?

Bring the dishwasher, I will port the crap out of it!
Old Nov 7, 2013 | 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Last edited by 240Z TwinTurbo; Nov 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2013 | 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRE
Lol
Old Nov 8, 2013 | 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CBRE
Sorry Curt didn't mean to tell everyone about our prototype dishwashers... I won't even mention you are working on Ultra high BTU stoves with the ported and polished burners and ceramic oven door bearings

Quick Reply: FP Cast Race Manifold for the 4G63