Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Cast Race Manifold for the 4G63

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm really considering this as well, but would also like to see results. I know it worked awesome on my DSM so I'm seeing how it goes on the EVO.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 02:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by AutoXMRIX

Psssshhh, No...That's the problem. Would be nice to get a rough idea what people will see. Back to back dynos on a stock vs FP one. We understand environments, etc...blah blah blah are different. Rough estimate of 10-25whp would be nice to see just bolting it on. Then a tune estimate of 30-40whp. I'm just throwing out numbers and so can the manufacturer and we can't hold it against them.

I guess it's better to just get more personal numbers once we buy them and do a review. We can all agree to disagree B@#$%s!
Gains, if any, are very dependent on other mods and the type of tune.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 02:44 PM

I want to see numbers on this thang!
Old Dec 16, 2013, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
There were numbers posted comparing this to a MAP tubular on an FP Zero.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aggieEVO
There were numbers posted comparing this to a MAP tubular on an FP Zero.
Link to said numbers? I tried searching with no luck...

I would think the market for this product would be owners looking to go upgrade from an OEM manifold. I suppose it would be a nice comparison when choosing between this and a tubular, but not sure if that's really apples to apples.

I'd like to see a comparision between OEM non-ported to FP mani AND OEM ported to FP mani.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by turbotboz

I would think the market for this product would be owners looking to go upgrade from an OEM manifold. I suppose it would be a nice comparison when choosing between this and a tubular, but not sure if that's really apples to apples.

I'd like to see a comparision between OEM non-ported to FP mani AND OEM ported to FP mani.
Sometimes if you really want to see results you have to step up and do it yourself. Get one of these manifolds and post up some test results.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TommiM
Sometimes if you really want to see results you have to step up and do it yourself. Get one of these manifolds and post up some test results.
I'd consider it if I had cooperation of a dyno facility that wouldnt rape me. Someone would also need to loan a ported manifold to me for comparison. Typical dyno fee's plus buying the manifold > cost of a tubular....
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I would consider dyno testing one of these, if I can get one in my hands. A local has already pre ordered and is waiting for his. Hopefully well get to test that. Also, I may hit up FP and see if I can get one for testing.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I am still waiting on one of the preorders to arrive, and I doubt with my upcoming cruise looming in FEB, that I will be able to get it on the car and get on a dyno before then... I have one of the old school Muse "ported" cast manifolds on the car now... not to mention it is my daily, and I haven't had the turbo off the car in 4 years, I am bound to break a bolt...

Last edited by Fast_Freddie; Dec 16, 2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Page 12 of this thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...merged-12.html

With gains over a manifold that costs twice the price, I think the market for this manifold is everyone. CBRE agrees.

Old Dec 17, 2013, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

I'm putting the FP manifold on my car that is stock turbo and has a stock non-ported, I will also be putting a ported FP manifold on an FP Green car with a CBRE ported stock manifold. I'm sure we will have some sort of results as soon as these show up on the doorsteps
Old Dec 17, 2013, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Speaking of doorstep I hope mine arrives sooner than later.... I am a little dissapointed that they did not email the pre-order buyers about the issue with the hardware. There are still no real solid reports on results with this manifold. Nobody is expecting it to make magic power but at least show something to verify an improvement on performance.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aggieEVO
Page 12 of this thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...merged-12.html

With gains over a manifold that costs twice the price, I think the market for this manifold is everyone. CBRE agrees.
Thanks, not sure how I didn't already see that. I may pull the trigger here soon.

Mike @ FP, any update on production? If I order one today, when should I expect shipment?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 08:56 PM

I have a stock manifold on my car now. I have a Buschur ported stock manifold sitting on the self and an FP ported manifold on order. I'd be glad to lend the car and manifolds for testing. I just need a reputable shop to strap it on a dyno.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Any shops in ATL want to help install and dyno it on my totally stock EVO IX? We can replace the stock manifold and install the FP one doing back to back dynos. No tune and then with a tune to see some gains.

How bout flowbench? Anyone have one of those to test and see how much cfm goes through to compare against a stock non-port manifold?

Yeah, who would be that generous around Christmas time.

Quick Reply: FP Cast Race Manifold for the 4G63