Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Cast Race Manifold for the 4G63

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013 | 01:56 PM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by DaRw1n
If I wanted something I had to message or modify to fit I would have purchased a manifold off eBay. When I buy something from a reputable shop I expect it to get what I paid for. Not a jab at you btw.

No insult at all guys its just how business works sometimes. Its all in the name of fun here guys

Last edited by Ralliart004; Dec 28, 2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Too long to read
Old Dec 28, 2013 | 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ralliart004
No insult at all guys its just how business works sometimes. Its all in the name of fun here guys
I've never had to modify any other parts and this one shouldn't be an exception... Especially from a company such as FP.
Old Dec 28, 2013 | 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

This post should have been called, "Looking for beta testers".
Old Dec 28, 2013 | 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

are there any men left on these forums? cause i am sick of reading posts from a bunch of panzees complaining about minor issues. if you cant deal with having to grind a small spot on the manni before use then you shouldnt be modding your car in the first place. bunch of babies in here.
Old Dec 28, 2013 | 11:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by AutoXMRIX
This post should have been called, "Looking for beta testers".

I do agree. We see fp and think gold.

94 I agree with your creed but..,

Fp clearly has a good record otherwise their reputation would not preceded them.

I hope fp has a method to the madness
Old Dec 29, 2013 | 01:14 AM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
are there any men left on these forums? cause i am sick of reading posts from a bunch of panzees complaining about minor issues. if you cant deal with having to grind a small spot on the manni before use then you shouldnt be modding your car in the first place. bunch of babies in here.
I understand what you are saying but what if it is coated hmm? Will you like to grind such a nice piece? I know I wouldn't like to grind it. And yes is a small part to grind or even maybe a tight fit with a really skinny wrench. But maybe FP will address this issue, I know all they sell is quality cause I have an FP Red and love it.
Old Dec 29, 2013 | 07:25 AM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Navy

Im not complaining, just posting my thoughts about the product and what needs to happen in order to install it, especially for people that plan to have it coated before install...
Old Dec 29, 2013 | 11:58 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
I don't know about you, but I don't necessarily equate poor design and quality control with masculinity.

In all honesty, a business needs to deliver as stated regardless of how minor the necessary modifications might be to make this part work.

If you look at all of the other respectable vendors in the automotive industry, you'll see that they stand behind their products and work hard to make things right and release a part to the public when it's ready.

If a part has a design flaw, it's updated accordingly and early adopters are compensated. It's just good business and customer service.

Old Dec 29, 2013 | 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by golgo13
I don't know about you, but I don't necessarily equate poor design and quality control with masculinity.

In all honesty, a business needs to deliver as stated regardless of how minor the necessary modifications might be to make this part work.

If you look at all of the other respectable vendors in the automotive industry, you'll see that they stand behind their products and work hard to make things right and release a part to the public when it's ready.

If a part has a design flaw, it's updated accordingly and early adopters are compensated. It's just good business and customer service.

I'm sure FP will come back and say, "You already knew the first batch was imperfect and We gave you a $100 off, now STFU!"
Old Dec 29, 2013 | 02:58 PM
EvoM Community Team

I've already spoken with them and received great customer service.

Old Dec 29, 2013 | 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

You guys are high if you think this is out of the norm for the performance community. Lots of stuff is a PAIN IN THE *** to put on and for good reason. The OEM compromised the performance design in an effort to deal with manufacturing tolerances, mold wear, core shift, tool clearance, assembly variance, idiot proofing, etc.

If you want performance, those compromises are no longer acceptable. You make the performance design number one and the hell with all the rest.

Tool doesn't fit? Boohoo, make one that works. Go see what kind of wrench you need to tighten down the head studs on a Ferrari 430 engine. I'll give you a hint, it's a custom wrench that you have to buy from Ferrari or build yourself. Does that mean Ferrari needs to offer a refund on their parts because you don't have the tool or ability to make it work?

That said, I'm just busting some ***** here. As I said, I would be annoyed it didn't fit as advertised...then I'd get out my grinder and small head nuts and make it work...
Old Dec 29, 2013 | 05:24 PM
EvoM Community Team

I've got some *beach front property to sell some of you guys.

You guys whining will have to mod the desert though.

Cool?

*not as advertised
Old Dec 29, 2013 | 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

If only I knew my hood O2 dump would fit around the manifold, I'd be all over one. Impressive results FP!
Old Dec 30, 2013 | 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lopillo_evo
I understand what you are saying but what if it is coated hmm? Will you like to grind such a nice piece? I know I wouldn't like to grind it. And yes is a small part to grind or even maybe a tight fit with a really skinny wrench. But maybe FP will address this issue, I know all they sell is quality cause I have an FP Red and love it.
I wouldnt grind it if manifold was coated. the nut can be tightened my a good mechanic. You can cut the tips of box end wrenches. make any type of crow foot you need. I have done this in the past. Its okay to point out the nut is hard to tighten. its not okay to complain about it like a spoiled little school girl. modifying cars is never straight forward. The stupid comments will do nothing but make FP think twice about making other cool products for these cars.
Old Dec 30, 2013 | 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

I'll never understand why this community has so many shop/part manufacturer fan bois! When people buy a product they expect it to fit and work properly, period. It has almost nothing to do with how easy or hard it is to make it fit, it's the principal of the matter. It's bad business and bad customer service to produce and sell a product that you know needs to be modified to fit properly before it even leaves the factory. If this were a new product being sold by Ricers R Us on Ebay people would be ripping it left and right! But since it's FP I guess it's OK to not build a product properly and inform customers about fitment issues before it even gets to their door?? Doesn't make sense to me.

Quick Reply: FP Cast Race Manifold for the 4G63