Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Cast Race Manifold for the 4G63

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014 | 05:28 AM

Anyone else have pics of the manifold and gasket... I would like to see if anyone's are gasket matched on the motor side.
I'll post pics of mine later: (
Old Jan 14, 2014 | 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

The manifold isn't supposed to be gasket matched on the motor side since the head isn't matched with the gasket. On both the ported and nonported units they are identical on the head side, the only difference I could see was on the turbo side.
Old Jan 17, 2014 | 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received tracking info from Amber @ FP yesterday. My manifold will be here next Tuesday then it's off to Mr. Curt Brown!
Old Jan 17, 2014 | 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Received tracking info from Amber @ FP yesterday. My manifold will be here next Tuesday then it's off to Mr. Curt Brown!
??? Request to have it sent straight to curt, Thats what I did. So it avoided any extra shipping cost and delay.
Old Jan 17, 2014 | 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Im not sure if anyone has asked this question yet; but if you are going through the trouble to make your own performance cast manifold, why wouldnt you design the inlet and outlet ports in the manifold to be larger so that it wouldnt have to be ported? This seems very stupid to design a higher/better flowing manifold only to have it be sent out for porting for additional $$. THen you have to spend an additonal $50 to bolt it up to your stock turbo.... If you buy all the options it comes to $675.00.

Last edited by evolve_VIII; Jan 17, 2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2014 | 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by _des_
??? Request to have it sent straight to curt, Thats what I did. So it avoided any extra shipping cost and delay.
I'm in no rush...unfortunately...And I have a couple other items in the box, so I'll take out what I need & send it on it's way. Plus I'll ship it out through my work for free ...I will have Curt send it directly to my powder coater though.
Old Jan 17, 2014 | 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolve_VIII
If you buy all the options it comes to $675.00.
$675 sounds a bit high to me...Quick estimate in my head, I'll have spent around $550 when it's all said & done. That includes manifold, bolt kit, Curt Brown Porting, having it powder coated, shipping, etc.
Old Jan 17, 2014 | 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Im not sure if anyone has asked this question yet; but if you are going through the trouble to make your own performance cast manifold, why wouldnt you design the inlet and outlet ports in the manifold to be larger so that it wouldnt have to be ported? This seems very stupid to design a higher/better flowing manifold only to have it be sent out for porting for additional $$. THen you have to spend an additonal $50 to bolt it up to your stock turbo.... If you buy all the options it comes to $675.00.

it is hard to have anything cast in a way to be 100% perfect fit to another cast part, made by a different manufacturer..

In reality, what you want to do is NOT port the flanges following the gasket, but rather make a dummy gasket and cut the exact image of the flange on the head side, and do the same for the turbo.. then you just take it over to the exhaust manifold and you will see where to grind away to have the perfect fit between the two.

I'd say that for a reasonable ammount of money FP will sell you a cast piece that looks OE from the outside and has better runners... all you have to do is play a bit with the flanges to have the perfect fit..
If only the shipping wasn't more expensive than the manifold itself, I'd have one in a heartbeat..
Old Jan 17, 2014 | 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kikiturbo
it is hard to have anything cast in a way to be 100% perfect fit to another cast part, made by a different manufacturer..

In reality, what you want to do is NOT port the flanges following the gasket, but rather make a dummy gasket and cut the exact image of the flange on the head side, and do the same for the turbo.. then you just take it over to the exhaust manifold and you will see where to grind away to have the perfect fit between the two.

I'd say that for a reasonable ammount of money FP will sell you a cast piece that looks OE from the outside and has better runners... all you have to do is play a bit with the flanges to have the perfect fit..
If only the shipping wasn't more expensive than the manifold itself, I'd have one in a heartbeat..
I understand that it will not be perfect port matching with cast parts. I used to work on the cast manifolds on the ecoboost v6 at ford in prototype. It was a PITA to get everything to work properly. At least align and flow with the turbos we were testing.

With the pictures posted with the stock gasket, they could have opened it up quite a bit then you would only have to spend 20 minutes cleaning everything up.

My family is from Croatia. Next time we take a trip back I could bring one with me.
Old Jan 17, 2014 | 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
$675 sounds a bit high to me...Quick estimate in my head, I'll have spent around $550 when it's all said & done. That includes manifold, bolt kit, Curt Brown Porting, having it powder coated, shipping, etc.
400 for the manifold
100 porting
100 coating
50 bolt kit
30 gaskets
plus shipping
680 total plus shipping
Old Jan 17, 2014 | 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

400 for the manifold
100 porting
100 coating
50 bolt kit
30 gaskets
plus shipping
680 total plus shipping
That sucks, glad I got my manifold for the $299 price & like I said I'll have $550 into mine...
Old Jan 17, 2014 | 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

I understand that it will not be perfect port matching with cast parts. I used to work on the cast manifolds on the ecoboost v6 at ford in prototype. It was a PITA to get everything to work properly. At least align and flow with the turbos we were testing.

With the pictures posted with the stock gasket, they could have opened it up quite a bit then you would only have to spend 20 minutes cleaning everything up.

My family is from Croatia. Next time we take a trip back I could bring one with me.
if you are in the neighbourhood, you can stop by for even without the manifold..

I just got the HTA71 last summer... it is still in the box waiting for it's turn.. I would have probably bought the manifold if I knew it was coming.. but I think I will run it with stock ported...
Old Jan 18, 2014 | 04:22 AM

Holy sh*t

I'm from Croatia too lol
Old Jan 18, 2014 | 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

400 for the manifold
100 porting
100 coating
50 bolt kit
30 gaskets
plus shipping
680 total plus shipping
OK, If this part has to be ported anyways.... What's the benefit of this over a factory cast manifold that's been ported? I mean even the expensive Extrude hone process with gasket matching is $495.

Is this somehow better?
Old Jan 18, 2014 | 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

The part doesn't have to be ported. FP cleans up the runners free of charge, its just most people want the other end of the manifold to be gasket matched.

Quick Reply: FP Cast Race Manifold for the 4G63