Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forge mbc/grimspeed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2013, 08:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Forge mbc/grimspeed

Running a forge Mbc right now with the GRIMSPEED as well. At 27psi spike hold 25 an tapering down seems the MAP dump tube makes my gauge go crazy. But tried running the boost to 30psi with the Forge mbc didnt seem to go up can't figure out why? Ran it or turned about 8 turns total. Raising it before was always 4 turns per 1psi. Just trying to go up a pound or two for a street racing made safe event were having down here in florida where were gonna be doinf 20/40 rolls at the track.Current setup a tbe/intake/MAP DUMP/Ported stock 9 turbo/E85/Tune. 380whp/381wtq.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoIxRick
Running a forge Mbc right now with the GRIMSPEED as well. At 27psi spike hold 25 an tapering down seems the MAP dump tube makes my gauge go crazy. But tried running the boost to 30psi with the Forge mbc didnt seem to go up can't figure out why? Ran it or turned about 8 turns total. Raising it before was always 4 turns per 1psi......
I am a bit confused by your boost control setup. Are you running a hybrid boost control setup combining a MBC & 3-port BCS? Was the boost control system working fine until you installed the dump? When you mention the turns on the MBC adjustment knob are you refering to 180* turns or full 360* rotations. Just wanna make sure.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 08:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes I'm combining both. An I'm doing I would say 4 half turns . So basically only two 360 turns. Inless I'm supposed to do 4 360 turns making that the reason why its not working. I'm guessing 4 360 turns equal 1psi + Everytime
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That ain't the way to do it. Well, eventually you might get everytning setup right the way that you are doing it but there are too many variables keeping you from getting everything under control if you try to approach it the way you are going about it.

A few observations: Hybrid boost control works well for people that know how to set it up. But, it just adds another variable to doing the basic setup and/or troubleshooting boost issues. I would suggest disconnecting the BCS and running just the plain MBC until we sort this out. Then once we have it working well with a basic MBC setup, then you can add the 3-port.

Also, the dump may be great at relieving exhaust back pressure at high boost levels, but the addition of one can alter the turbo's pressure differential. Altering the pressure differential and reducing back pressure in the turbine housing has a direct impact on the way that the MBC is acting.

Lastly, I am pretty sure that your actuator needs to be adjusted tighter to increae WG spring pressure. You may want to do a boost leak test first. But, right now I want you to take the BCS out of the loop and just control boost with your MBC alone.

Once you have the MBC alone controlling boost, rotate the adjustment knoball the way out to the lowest possible boost setting (-), or full soft. Do a WOT run and tell me what boost level you se on the gauge.

Last edited by sparky; Sep 21, 2013 at 12:58 PM.