Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Timing Belt Service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013 | 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Timing Belt Service

About to dig into this and was wondering what parts everyone is actually replacing. Just Belts? Tensioners and pulleys? Water pump?

At first I thought the whole deal but in all the write-ups etc. It seems most people aren't. What is the actual factory service recommendation?? I don't mind doing it all but I'd rather save money than do overkill.
Old Dec 5, 2013 | 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

anything that touches the timing belt should be replaced (tensioners, water pump, etc etc)

and if you have a 9, you should replace the whole bracket as well with the new one (PN 1091A133)
Old Dec 5, 2013 | 03:39 PM
Plat Vendor

Originally Posted by Shiroi Kitsune
About to dig into this and was wondering what parts everyone is actually replacing. Just Belts? Tensioners and pulleys? Water pump?

At first I thought the whole deal but in all the write-ups etc. It seems most people aren't. What is the actual factory service recommendation?? I don't mind doing it all but I'd rather save money than do overkill.

Here is the kit we offer, these include free shipping. http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/partl...egoryID=211228

INCLUDES:
-Water Pump
-Balance Belt Tensioner
-Balance Belt
-Timing Belt
-Timing Belt Tensioner
-Timing Belt Tensioner Pulley
-Timing Belt Idler Pulley
Old Dec 5, 2013 | 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

I also own a WRX. The recommended belt interval for it is 105,000 miles. Mechanics report that often the idlers won't go that far. Well, for anything you skip at 60K on your Evo, the next stop is 120K.
Old Dec 6, 2013 | 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys. Russell I was planning on purchasing your kit anyway. I've dealt with you guys previously and the service and prices were top notch. Just wanted to cover my bases and make sure I wasn't going overkill. I have a way with going overboard on maintenance and service.