Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

T3 Turbo on stock location manifold?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2013, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
T3 Turbo on stock location manifold?

Can you rig up a T3 turbo to a stock location manifold? I ran across an adapter claiming to be able to do so but it also required two wastegates. That looked like a bit much but I'm not a mechanic. I really wanted a stock frame turbo but they are priced so high that I am forced to buy a used one. I saw some turbos on precision's site but I have no idea what will fit and what won't but I did notice they were all T3 turbos.

I don't really have the money to get a new manifold and a new turbo and do all that engine relocating crap. I will be daily driving this car. My power goals are 450 ish but 500 would be the max. I have cams, inake, licp, uicp, tubular mani, turbo back. This turbo along with some injectors will be the last things I do to the evo. After that it's all cosmetics.

So, what do you guys think? Can I just grab say a Precision 5831 MFS and run with that and an adapter or what? What else would I need with my current setup for something like that?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Detroit metro area Michigan/Washington DC metro area
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I see your in DC area, are you on the CCEVO facebook page? theres alot of people in that group that could help you, as far as the mods you listed and shooting for 500hp and daily driving thats goona be a tight squeeze. Good luck with your build.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

CCEVO is worthles, I go on DMV Anything EVO.... much better support. I will look for help on the forum instead of facebook but thanks.

I want 450ish, shooting for the moon is 500.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You could probably pick up one of the buschur cast manifold hta35r kits for a decent price.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why go t3 for those goals? You can pick up the better half of the stock frame turbos out there and make those numbers. Send in your evo 9 turbo for an upgrade and it's just over a grand for most.

It's all about the set up though. To make 500 it's going to take a big turbo and every high end bolt on. 450 on the other hand can be done easily.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Okay so the ATP adapter will allow me to run a Tial 44mm wastegate before a T3 while allowing me to keep my tomioka exhaust manifold. I can just get a dump and vent to atmosphere! I will have to run new oil lines but what about the 02 housing? Will that bolt up or will there be issues? Help Please.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will need new oil feed and drain, possibly a restrictor fitting for the turbo, a suitable intake pipe, a new lower intercoolers pipe, someone will need to fabricate you an o2 housing that won't hit your PS pump or AC compressor. You also might have clearance issues with the front motor mount, as those adaptor plates place the turbo lower than a t3 manifold would be.