Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch Fork Stop adjustment

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Fork Stop adjustment

So my clutch was slipping a bit in 5th gear. I adjusted the clutch fork stop as far as I could adjust it. It did take care of the slipping issue, however it is still pressed against the clutch fork. I adjusted the nut as far as it would go and tightened the bolt all the way in. Anyone else run into this problem? I am thinking if I take the bolt out I can use a nut that is thinner so as to get another 1/8 inch of adjustment. Could I really just need a new clutch?? it has the exedy Heavy Duty Twin Plate clutch on there now. Had absolutely no slipping when purchased. I have put about 2000 miles on it since then, and some was hard/fun driving/shifting. The guy I bought it from took great care of it. Told me if it ever feels like the clutch is slipping to check that fork stop. I did and it worked, but still need some more adjustment....
Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine came with 2 different bolts, one short, one long. My suggestion is take the bolt off and go to hardware store to get the same one just shorter if you need more room or longer if it's too far away...
Old Dec 13, 2013, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
Mine came with 2 different bolts, one short, one long. My suggestion is take the bolt off and go to hardware store to get the same one just shorter if you need more room or longer if it's too far away...
Yes, that could work too, good thinking