Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Exedy twin disc clip replaceable?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exedy twin disc clip replaceable?

I am considering getting an exedy twin disc and I was wondering if the wave ring clip can be replaced with an act monoloc. All the pictures I've seen the wave ring clip was in the pressure plate which kinda gives me the impression it's part of the pp. but I have been really impressed with the monoloc I installed so if I can I would like to install it on the exedy.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 01:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wouldnt change it because once it looses its strength, it will pop off the pressure plate with hard shifts, AMS makes an upgrade for the twin/triple disk clutches

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...grade-Kit.html
Old Jan 16, 2014, 02:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Monoloc is a direct replacement to the stock Exedy wedge collar from the Evo 8 and 9. The same wedge collar is used on the Exedy twin so the Monoloc should fit right in. We also are in production of one for the stock Evo X which has slightly different dimensions. The problem with the stock design is that the snap ring can jump out of place from the pressure plate with a hard shift, then become crooked and fall off the TOB. With the Monoloc, the snap ring is incorporated into the collar. Even if the ring jumps out of place, it just seats right back again. It doesn't have the ability to fall off the TOB.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok thank you actman that's exactly what I was wndering since I had never seen the wave ring clip separated from the pp. But I already own one and like I said I am truly impressed with it, never had a problem with the stock one popping out while driving but it did a couple times installing the transmission. with the monoloc I never had that problem and it feels much better quality so I trust it a little more. Right now its a toss up between the xtss clutch by you guys and the exedy twin. Either way the monoloc is definitely going back in.