Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Original Panda Update...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Original Panda Update...

So I logged on here for the first time in a long time to see how the Evo world has progressed, since it has been a few years since we have been involved with any of it. As I look around through a few threads I say, what the heck I'm going to give an update on the first Evo we bought back in 2006. The Panda was originally bought and sent to Buschur Racing for a full build with nearly no miles on it. Now...almost 8 years later the car is still alive and well, with minor changes since then. We removed the carbon fiber doors and trunk and it now has a 3" Buschur exhaust, FP Black turbo, ID2000's and twin 450 pumps and larger fuel lines for E85. I have also added the SE front lip. Everything else has pretty much remained the same. The car now is making in the ballpark of 650whp and still has only 2151 miles on it, and STILL smells like a new car.

Here is the original video from the car in 2007

Anyway, here of a few crappy pics I just took of it. I may someday shoot some better pictures. But, there is really nothing unique to see. It just looks stock.

Last edited by OKIX; Jan 22, 2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Still a great looking car! I'm glad it is still around, I totally forgot about this car until now. I'm really liking the fact it still almost looks like it just came from the factory.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
welcome back. nice car .
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts
Beautiful, makes me miss my rs..
Old Jan 22, 2014, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I dont see why you feel the need to hype that you've run it for 8 years with all these bad *** parts on it... then state it has 2k miles. What would be impressive is if you had 200k miles on that setup.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Grimgrak
I dont see why you feel the need to hype that you've run it for 8 years with all these bad *** parts on it... then state it has 2k miles. What would be impressive is if you had 200k miles on that setup.
Who pissed in your wheaties?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Grimgrak
LOL somebody is having a bad day. Just because your evo is a used up pile doesn't mean everyone's is. Some of us like to preserve our investments so that they can hold value and integrity
Old Jan 23, 2014, 09:53 PM

Clean!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Very nice!

I am one of the guys who believe in stacking miles on my EVO as well like GrimGrak. If a car has 2100 miles I would certainly hope it isn't broken. I believe that was the point if his post. Even the worst parts would last on a car that is not driven.

All that aside it is a very nice looking car and will be for years to come. I wonder what you drive regularly that can keep you out of the drivers seat of the EVO everyday. I love mine so much I drive it as often as possible. When it is "worn out" I will know I got the most enjoyment out of it then rebuild or replace it.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where is the drag Evo? I loved that one! Is that 9Sec 9's I get you two mixed up.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the comments guys. I only posted this for the ones that were around a few years ago and remember the car. Not for the "look at these parts they have lasted this long". Heck, at this point in time I could really give a rats *** who's parts are on the car. As long as they perform as I think they should.

Originally Posted by batty200
Very nice!

I am one of the guys who believe in stacking miles on my EVO as well like GrimGrak. If a car has 2100 miles I would certainly hope it isn't broken. I believe that was the point if his post. Even the worst parts would last on a car that is not driven.

All that aside it is a very nice looking car and will be for years to come. I wonder what you drive regularly that can keep you out of the drivers seat of the EVO everyday. I love mine so much I drive it as often as possible. When it is "worn out" I will know I got the most enjoyment out of it then rebuild or replace it.
This car has never been broken. The only time is hasn't run, is when we were changing out parts to update them. Because MANY parts have improved since this car was built in 06-07. The turbo on the car in the video was an old school gt37. Now days you can be quicker/faster on stock frame turbos.

Since 06 I have always been in the drivers seat of the Evo's. This one just happened to sit in the garage parked most of the time since then. 9sec9 (my father) has one in the 900ish range and then we have the EVO that we use to race. So, there have been opportunities to get behind the wheel.

Originally Posted by rong.
Where is the drag Evo? I loved that one! Is that 9Sec9's I get you two mixed up.
Getting us mixed up on here is easy. I'm sure you're not alone. 9sec9 and I have horse traded evos around a lot. The drag evo has sit stored, while also having some updating done to it. There are a few built motors waiting to go in it, if we ever decide to go back out. He and I just have not put it as a priority to go back out and race. When/If we ever do, it will be interesting.